Why so angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New Testament can be boiled down to
"do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

The Old Testament to
"Love thy neighbor as they self"

Looking at the threads I see little attempt at discussion but unrelenting effort at creating anger and stirring hatred.
But rarely is a thread posted that steers in the direction of "love your neighbor."

My question to those who post those threads is, does it make you happy?
Does spending your day looking for reasons to be angry, bring you happiness?
I read your posts and few of you actually seem happy.
Angry, hateful, resentful, yes. But not happy.

If the result of your efforts, as seen in your postings, is anger, why do it?

The Bible correctly tells us that this world is ruled by Satan and that he has blinded much of it to the truth of his existence and, I believe, many other truths. I've come to believe that we can and should share God's word but thereafter it's really up to the person to be seeking God in order for them to believe, which comes about as a gift from God. Many reject God and you should just ignore them and save your pearls for those that actually want to hear the word. All of this is Biblical.

Books have been written on the nature of "love" and its many meanings.

In the example of the Good Samaritan - Christ's illustration of brotherly love - there is no indication of any fondness or weepy-eyed mushiness. The Samaritan recognizes the humanity of the victim and treats him with appropriate dignity as a fellow person, born in God's image.

Had these two men encountered each other at a marketplace, they probably would have spit on each other.

Christian "love" is nothing more or less than acknowledging the humanity of our fellow humans. It doesn't imply that we cannot disagree, even violently. If someone is writing thoughts that are idiotic, I retain the right to point it out.
Great post!

Great post but is there a reason that you didn't create this in the "Religion" forum?

Anyway, yes, there are a lot of angry people here. There are also some good posters that share solid information and give reasoned opinions. I believe that we should treat others with kindness, compassion, and consideration, something that I don't always do but I'm working on it! :) I also believe that we must be honest and truthful. We should strive to edify and educate one another and to produce good fruits (deeds).
I looked at religion but it didn't seem right.
This isn't about the Bible, God, Jesus, or beliefs.

It's about people, most of whom I assume identify with the Bible as Christians, Jews, and, yes, Muslims, but seem to stand in opposition to their religion's basic beliefs in their attitudes and actions toward toward people with whom they disagree.

Their postings do not serve to educate, inform or question but, rather, to stir anger even where there should be none.

I seek to understand why we do what we do.

Am I?
Who specifically have I judged with the OP?
You tell me rook. From your post #1
My question to those who post those threads is, does it make you happy?
Does spending your day looking for reasons to be angry, bring you happiness?
I read your posts and few of you actually seem happy.
Angry, hateful, resentful, yes. But not happy.
If the result of your efforts, as seen in your postings, is anger, why do it?

You clearly have someone in mind--who is it that you are aiming your accusations at? BTW, it is a violation of board rules to have more than one account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back