why pay 1 person 200 mill for a lottery win?

srlip

May 5, 2014
and then take half of it in taxes?. Instead, pay 2000 people 100k each, and have NO tax on that money. The cost will be the same, but the effect of the change will differ your results, a LOT. If you can't retire on 100k (cash) you're just a twit, anyway. I guaranteee that MANY times as many people will play your lottery, folks. That means LOTS more money comes into your gov't agency.

and then take half of it in taxes?. Instead, pay 2000 people 100k each, and have NO tax on that money. The cost will be the same, but the effect of the change will differ your results, a LOT. If you can't retire on 100k (cash) you're just a twit, anyway. I guaranteee that MANY times as many people will play your lottery, folks. That means LOTS more money comes into your gov't agency.

So what's this got to do with education?

You need to read a book on human psychology. The system works as intended.

We tried lotteries with lower payouts and a greater chance to win.

It used to be a lottery win payout would be $1 million up to $5 million. The public got bored. Lotteries started increasing the odds and upping the payout. Now they have some mega Lotteries approaching $1 billion....sales go through the roof

In New York the Lottery was supposed to benefit education...
Sales on Lottery games is tremendous....
Story after story about how there are schools with all sorts of problems....

What happened to all the money that the Lottery was supposed to hand over to the education system?

Lottery = tax on stupidity.

Lottery is a tax on people who are not good at math

But for a buck you can dream of being a mega millionaire. Not a bad investment

You need to read a book on human psychology. The system works as intended.

Yep.

Its a tax for idiots.

As a lottery winner once said about what he would do with his winnings..

Half will go to the I.R.S. the other half will go to the M.R.S

Some powerball payouts were 1 winning ticket for over $400 million.
And the holder of the ticket was 1 person...

That's crazy money for one person to get.

Unless it was me of course.... :eusa_clap:

In an ideal world this would happen but in reality when people play the lottery they dream of winning millions, they don't dream about winning 100k

If you think you can retire and live on 100K for 20 years or more, you are the twit

Lottery = tax on stupidity.

Lottery is a tax on people who are not good at math

But for a buck you can dream of being a mega millionaire. Not a bad investment

Once or twice a year I will throw away a buck of two on a mega lottery ticket. I'm more likely to die in a car crash over the next day or so than winning, but someone 's going to win. Might be me!

$110k isn't much to retire on nowadays.

Forum List

Back