Why Obama shouldn't lead fight against gun violence

It's harder to imagine why any civilian would need a semiautomatic weapon. Still, it's a free country, and gun ownership is one of the freedoms specifically cited in the Constitution. Responsible gun owners have a right to their guns. The challenge for the grass-roots gun-safety movement of the future is to focus on the danger posed by irresponsible owners. The goal should be less to ban particular classes of weapons -- such a goal puts the law in a race against technology, a race the law will likely lose -- and more to change the rules defining who may keep a gun.

Prospective gun owners should be required to take serious training and pass a safety exam before qualifying for a license. They should be screened for mental illness and histories of violence, very much including domestic violence. They should be required to buy insurance against the harm done by wrongful use of their weapons, and if that insurance proves expensive -- well, too bad. People apprehended in possession of an unlicensed weapon should face severe sanctions.

Taken from this common sense article:

Why Obama shouldn't lead fight against gun violence - CNN.com

I think perspective voters should be required to take a civics test to prove they understand the way the government functions.

Thanks for sharing, I know not what exactly you mean, but I'm pretty sure it's fully partisan and fully supportive of whatever the right wing propagandists tell you what to believe.

I suggest you look up the term reductio ad absurdum.

That you don't get it is only your problem, and you don't count.

It's harder to imagine why any civilian would need a semiautomatic weapon. Still, it's a free country, and gun ownership is one of the freedoms specifically cited in the Constitution. Responsible gun owners have a right to their guns. The challenge for the grass-roots gun-safety movement of the future is to focus on the danger posed by irresponsible owners. The goal should be less to ban particular classes of weapons -- such a goal puts the law in a race against technology, a race the law will likely lose -- and more to change the rules defining who may keep a gun.

Prospective gun owners should be required to take serious training and pass a safety exam before qualifying for a license. They should be screened for mental illness and histories of violence, very much including domestic violence. They should be required to buy insurance against the harm done by wrongful use of their weapons, and if that insurance proves expensive -- well, too bad. People apprehended in possession of an unlicensed weapon should face severe sanctions.

Taken from this common sense article:

Why Obama shouldn't lead fight against gun violence - CNN.com

That's all a violation of the 2nd amendment, moron. What part of "shall not be infringed" do left-wing imbeciles like you not understand?

Forum List

Back