why is Obama so greedy? now he taxes Olympic medals?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Democrats are the scuzz buckets of the earth..they even have to ruin a world good will games like the Olympics by demanding money at gun point if an athletes gets on the podium.

Michael Phelps Could Owe $55,000 in 'Victory Taxes' for His Rio Olympic Medals

Tiare Dunlap 2016-08-16T15:40:00+00:00
For U.S. athletes, winning an Olympic medal comes with pride, glory – and a hefty tax bill.

According to TIME, Michael Phelps could leave Rio owing up to $55,000 in income taxes.

That's because the U.S. Olympic Committee awards prize money to Olympic athletes who medal at the Games – $25,000 for gold, $15,000 for silver and $10,000 for bronze.

These awards, like other prize money (from a lottery jackpot to a Nobel Prize to game show winnings) is taxable income in the eyes of the IRS.

Democrats are the scuzz buckets of the earth..they even have to ruin a world good will games like the Olympics by demanding money at gun point if an athletes gets on the podium.

For U.S. athletes, winning an Olympic medal comes with pride, glory – and a hefty tax bill.

According to TIME, Michael Phelps could leave Rio owing up to $55,000 in income taxes.

That's because the U.S. Olympic Committee awards prize money to Olympic athletes who medal at the Games – $25,000 for gold, $15,000 for silver and $10,000 for bronze.

These awards, like other prize money (from a lottery jackpot to a Nobel Prize to game show winnings) is taxable income in the eyes of the IRS.
Hey Stupid, the president has nothing to do with this. This income tax on medal winners has been going on for DECADES!

But you and the rest of the nutters don't deal in truth and facts, so let's just say Obama implemented this tax all by himself back in 2008 to cover his green fees.

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

Oblama this, Oblama that..Do you people ever think before you speak..Taxes are the realm of Congress...Not the president..

Hey Stupid, the president has nothing to do with this. This income tax on medal winners has been going on for DECADES!

But you and the rest of the nutters don't deal in truth and facts, so let's just say Obama implemented this tax all by himself back in 2008 to cover his green fees.

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!
They don't want to bring up the GOP led Congress, it may embarrass them...

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!
They don't want to bring up the GOP led Congress, it may embarrass them...
These idiots are trump supporters. Obviously, nothing embarrasses them.

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

Its all Obama...

Hope and change and steal as much money as he can get. That fucker even taxes suckers for baby's.

You democrats are sick.

income is income-----read the manual-----even if you steal money ----THAT is income too-----or if you win the church raffle

In the good old days, Olympic athletes were amateurs. Anything remotely approaching getting paid got you banned

Welcome to the modern Olympics where everyone is out to make a buck. If athletes are demanding big payments for winning medals, they can pay taxes on it

why do you hate taxes bro? lol

The dems aren't going to let a dollar slip by without taking their cut. It's what they do.

Income is still income

Even for athletes. If a cop, fireman or nurse pays taxes on what they earn, why shouldn't an athlete?

Oh god I still can't believe the IRS taxes Olympic medals for Christ sake.

So the bastards can't figure out how to fairly tax offshore trillions , so instead they tax Olympic medals?

Assholes.

Oh god I still can't believe the IRS taxes Olympic medals for Christ sake.

So the bastards can't figure out how to fairly tax offshore trillions , so instead they tax Olympic medals?

Assholes.

you misread----it's not the MEDALS that are taxed----it is the accompanying prize money. It is a fact that prize money is
considered taxable income-----even if you win it from a machine in Las Vegas

Not to worry, two years from now people will still be bitching about the Victory Tax and Congress will still do nothing. Paul Ryan claims this will be an important bill once Congress returns from recess, but I'll see it when I believe it.

Rubio attempted something similar in 2012 with his Tax Exemptions for American Medalists Act (which Obama supported) but it never went anywhere.

Not to worry, two years from now people will still be bitching about the Victory Tax and Congress will still do nothing. Paul Ryan claims this will be an important bill once Congress returns from recess, but I'll see it when I believe it.

Rubio attempted something similar in 2012 with his Tax Exemptions for American Medalists Act (which Obama supported) but it never went anywhere.

it never went anywhere because it is kinda silly-----PRIZE WINNINGS ARE CONSIDERED INCOME IN THE USA

The O/P is a perfect example of why many, many right wingers are considered hate-filled MORONS !!!

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!
Well democrats love taxing people...so who did put it in place?

Oblama this, Oblama that..Do you people ever think before you speak..Taxes are the realm of Congress...Not the president..

I see thread after thread that insist that Bush or Reagan cut the taxes for the wealthy. I agree that Obama had nothing to do with the tax on Olympic winnings, but I will bet that you will give him kudos for raising the taxes on the wealthy.

Forum List

Back