'Why I’m So Mean'

Discussion in 'Media' started by midcan5, May 29, 2012.

1. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,284
    I know this will be hard to believe, but often when I call a right wing conservative stupid I feel a bit of remorse. My mom would have corrected me, my dad would have added a much more colorful stupid. But face it folks, the right wing today are the puppets of the rich, and they prove it almost daily. And is there any need to mention the dreamy libertarians who think fantasy-land is for real? So it was a pleasure coming across Jonathan CHait's piece on why he can't help but be un-PC. Enjoy. Oh, and do as i do, save the link, for tomorrow a right wingnut will repeat the same nonsense. It's all they do.

By Jonathan Chait

"There are just a lot of people out there exerting significant influence over the political debate who are totally unqualified. The dilemma is especially acute in the political economic field, where wealthy right-wingers have pumped so much money to subsidize the field of pro-rich people polemics that the demand for competent defenders of letting rich people keep as much of their money as possible vastly outstrips the supply. Hence the intellectual marketplace for arguments that we should tax rich people less is glutted with hackery. The very simple fallacy I pointed out by de Rugy has been knocking around for years, without end. (Here it is in a piece by Stephen Moore in yesterday’s Wall Street Journal op-ed page. Here is Senator Jim DeMint making it today in an interview with the approving editors of Reason.) A similar problem exists, perhaps to an even worse extent, with climate change denial." Why I

• Thank You! Thank You! x 7
  2. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The liberals propose an alternative. Only the really stupid and ill equipped are competent to run businesses or the government. The intelligent, the canny and inventive are going to be rich. They just are, they will have better ideas, develop better products, make better decisions and have better judgment than someone who can't even lift themselves out of poverty. To liberals the more poor someone is, the better they are at judging for us all.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. whitehall

whitehall Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,660
    Stupid maybe but not mean.

4. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,075
    Ignorance is no defense.

5. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Or they inherit the results of WORK of some relative and then think they know everything while they Hire people to run their businesses.

When you worship the wealthy like you do Katz you end up worshiping their children.

That is what the whole thing ends up in.

The Walmart children DID NOT BUILD the company.

they were given it and before long it will be their kids running it.

concentration of wealthy ends in a society run by people who never lived in the society becasue they were so wealthy all their lives they lived in a bubble.

That is what the founders DIDNT want for this country, its what they LEFT!

6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Midcam,

forcing people to accept facts is a gift to that person.

sometimes you have to use a delicate touch and sometimes you have to heave Huge bombs of facts at them at high velocity.

Either way you are trying to help your fellow man.

even the ones who need to catch the fact bombs

7. koshergrl

koshergrl Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,075
    FORCING?

Seriously?

Typical.

8. Ernie S.

Ernie S. Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,407
    And people born to welfare who continue to live on the public dole have never lived in society either. At least the Waltons provide employment to thousands of people. The welfare class is a drain on the production and wealth of the country. They provide no service, nothing of intrinsic value and no jobs for anyone but welfare bureaucrats.

Why do you hate apostrophes and proper spelling?

9. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,866
    But Progressives have no problem with a government that spend over 3 fucking TRILLION annually and has a $1.3 TRILLION deficit

10. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    I know this will be hard to believe but I gave up reading your bullshit some time ago. Why, you may ask.... because you demonstrate absolutely no critical thought, and regurgitate talking points like they are facts. Frankly, your bullshit bores me.

And I don't even need to link to amazon to back that up. It's an opinion formed all by myself... some of us can still do that. Form opinions for ourselves. You should try it - if your brain still works.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2