Why I voted Democrat

get_involved

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2009
I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I voted Democrat because I feel minorities should have more rights than whites to make up for injustices which happened decades ago. I feel guilty being white.

I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in twenty years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as theDemocrats see fit.

I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions of dollars for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, . . . and your government when it deserves it.

I think we should tax corporations and insurance companies more.. it's not like their going to pass it on to the consumer after all...:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
exxon mobile makes about 8% profit, NOT 4%....(walmart makes about 4%)

exxonmobile had 55% INCREASE for third quarter 2010....not shabby at all...

I wouldn't be crying the blues for them....

what are the ''more rights'' that minorities have?

no one has any more ''rights'' than the next citizen, as far as i am aware?

ohhhhhhh, but AA is not a ''right''....it is a law....laws can change at the flip of a dime....''rights'' as in the constitutional Bill of ''Rights'' can not be stripped or added to so easily....

I really feel sorry for the big oil companies, but it seems we can't afford their gasoline even at a 4% profit. In hard times, everybody has to share the burden, so we can cut big oil out of the main picture and go to National oil to lower transportation and energy costs in America, which will help out corporations who are suffering from the high oil costs as well. National oil can lower the cost of one gallon of gasoline down to $2.00, and also finance full National Health Care for everybody.

As long as there is discrimination there will be programs for equal rights. When you get tired of feeling guilty, do something about the white boys who make you that way.

You wouldn't know the first thing about running a government, so pay your share & STFU is my advice.

Businesses make profits, but consumers pay their taxes for them.

Last edited:
AA is a law. It can be repealed. Republicans had majorities from 2001-2007, didn't do a god damn thing about it, so why don't you go run to papa bear and he'll make it all better.

BTW, its equal OPPORTUNITY, Not equal hire. Yes I know that sometimes one gender and one race has an advantage. But in vet schools, men actually get diversity and get accepted much easier than women. It goes both ways. But they usually hire the best candidates. But alot of times, these diversity hires are in field where their is no diversity at all and people are disengaged from going into a field because they feel not wanted. Its helped break alot of barriers, men are becoming nurses, females are becoming surgeons. It helped alot.

I really feel sorry for the big oil companies, but it seems we can't afford their gasoline even at a 4% profit. In hard times, everybody has to share the burden, so we can cut big oil out of the main picture and go to National oil to lower transportation and energy costs in America, which will help out corporations who are suffering from the high oil costs as well. National oil can lower the cost of one gallon of gasoline down to $2.00, and also finance full National Health Care for everybody.

As long as there is discrimination there will be programs for equal rights. When you get tired of feeling guilty, do something about the white boys who make you that way.

You wouldn't know the first thing about running a government, so pay your share & STFU is my advice.

Will you explain this notion of "National oil"?

I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I voted Democrat because I feel minorities should have more rights than whites to make up for injustices which happened decades ago. I feel guilty being white.

I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.

I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in twenty years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.

I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as theDemocrats see fit.

I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions of dollars for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle or gopher.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, . . . and your government when it deserves it.
This may be as old as the Internet itself.

So who's responsible?

Bush?

Who's President currently?

By the way, 55% of 8% isn't all that much.

I don't see how 8% profit is good. Anyone who's been in retail sales knows the only way you can stay in business is to make a 20% profit or you'll be broke in short order.

Last edited:

So who's responsible?

Bush?

Who's President currently?

By the way, 55% of 8% isn't all that much.

I don't see how 8% profit is good. Anyone who's been in retail sales knows the only way you can stay in business is to make a 20% profit or you'll be broke in short order.

I was in Business for over 20 years....the retail and wholesale corporations I worked for tried to achieve a 4%-6% profit, when all said and done....we mostly achieved a 4% profit...and were considered very successful.

Note, that "when all said and done", includes paying the Ceo's their enormous salaries and bonuses, paying all the worker bees and their benefits, paying the janitor, paying the electric and heat and AC, paying the SS taxes etc, paying for company cars and company travel etc., and paying all the overhead and future investments of the company....

I would love to be receiving a 4-6% interest on my CD's that I have in the bank instead of this measly 1-2% lately! :(

Yeah, right. And while you're at it break out the Vaseline, cuz we'll get screwed in the ass by folks like Obama if they socialize energy. He hates fossile-fuels. It's crazy to turn control of it over to a pencil-neck Harvard grad. All they want to do is destroy our ability to get oil. They want us to live off of solar energy, and wind power without anyone inventing a way to use it in an easy to afford manner. Just do it they say. Forget the details. It sounds wonderful, even if it's not affordable.

White Boys???? Talk about throwing out the race-card.

Businesses pay their taxes. Consumers us their products. The more they do the more jobs they create.

Nobody ever got a job from a poor person. And nobody ever got employment from a business that didn't turn a profit.

Last edited:

You get a high five and one thanks for using the word 'Democrat' instead of 'Democratic'.

It is like everyone in the universe forgot 7th grade grammar or something....

Oh and BTW, when an oil company drills for oil, it sells it wherever. That means the oil well in the gulf might send that oil to England. Drilling more doesn't mean more oil for you. Plus you sit there and make fun of an endangered beetle being saved. Well what if that beetle is the main food for a mouse, which is the main food for a snake. which is the main food for a bear. You take out one species, you take out at least 4 or 5 other species and then it destroys an ecosystem for what? Maybe a decrease in price but I doubt it with Big Oil. Its like giving a toddler more chocolate and saying "Now that you got more chocolate, please behave." Like that will happen.

Sorry I love this country. I love Yellowstone, The rocky mountains, The great lakes, and the shore lines that make this country beautiful. If you hate that, go to Iraq, their is nothing there to save environmentally so it would be beautiful for you.

Will you explain this notion of "National oil"?

A government takeover of the energy industry. Instead of private companies making profits the government takes it over, props it up with taxpayer funds, and screws it up so much that it's a drain on the economy instead of a source of revenue.

Forum List

Back