Why hasnt Al Jazeera been disbanded...

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by insein, Oct 22, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041022/D85SI8F00.html

Those fucking cocksuckers refuse to tell us who is giving them tapes of the beheadings?!?!?! :blowup:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mainframe

Mainframe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    doesnt the media here also cover up their informants?

not that i agree with EITHER, but it seems like this type of confidentiality is universal in journalism.

3. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I belive covering up in life and death circumstaces is wrong, on both side ours and thiers. I would hope our media wouldn't cover for a beheading. Sick SOB's

4. Mainframe

Mainframe Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess you think Al-Jazeera staff wont all get slaughtered if they *did* tell.

Im sure they all want that.

Again, I dont agree, but I see where they are coming from. Yes, they should at least *slip* it to the proper authorities (who knows, maybe they already did.. they do these things called covert ops sometimes), but probably wont ever.

Where are our spies anyways?

5. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    They may be telling people who is giving them info. Obviously, they cannot say nationally who is their source because then they would not get further info in the future.

Hopefully they have been secretly giving info to gov't agencies, though I doubt it.

6. MJDuncan1982

MJDuncan1982 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Yea, we shouldn't start expecting them to reveal sources. It is a business just like over here and once you get a reputation of revealing sources, the well dries up.

7. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Except that over here if someone close to Charles manson starts handing the media tapes of him killing people, i would hope that OUR media (but at this point i wouldnt expect much) would notify the authorities.

8. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Excellent thread, insein.

Al-Jazeera is complicit in yet another terrorist outrage in Iraq. Al-Jazeera is not only the media propaganda outlet for the enemy; it is the enemy. What kind of dispicable "newsmen" would broadcast to the entire Arab world the weeping of this British woman? The same terrorist propaganda outlet that broadcasts every one of the bin Laden tapes that exhorts Islam to war against the West. Al Jazeera is the Public Relations Department of Al Qaeda.

Did we hesitate to attack German or Japanese media during WW2? During the Gulf War did we fail to take out Iraqi Television? It was one of the first targets of the Coalition. Al Jazeera is the most effective weapon in the enemy arsenal. Why do we let the enemy continue to broadcast terrorist propaganda to literally hundreds of millions of Muslims? Al-Jazeera Headquarters in Qatar richly deserves a Tomahawk storm. What will Qatar do? Bad mouth us in the anti-American fascist Arab media?

Check out the Al Jazeera - Islamic terrorist website here: http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/E4D19123-9DD3-11D1-B44E-006097071264.htm

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    It is not surprising that you would describe a terrorist propaganda organization like Al Jazeera as "a business just like over here." What a ridiculous and offensive remark!

10. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    Freedom of the Press isn't absolute. Many reporters over here have been forced to reveal their sources in order to aid criminal investigations, not to mention more urgent matters like locating a kidnap victim or preventing a murder. If it was an American T.V. station playing these things and not handing over sources, the company would go under due to everybody being in jail.