Why dont we have HHO cars that run on water?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by WatertheTree, Nov 2, 2011.

1. WatertheTree

WatertheTree Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    The technology is out there, it works, it only increases the cost of the car by 1500$ You can run salt water through it. Seperates hydrogen and oxygen from water on demand. Entire cell is slightly bigger then a large battery.

Why dont we have this in every car being sold???
    Water Car HHO Gas as Fuel - Energy Monopolies Like What They Have Going - YouTube
    Corrupt failed federal government is why. We can put ourselves 15 trillion in debt for war, but we cant figure out how to get off fossil fuels, even when the answer covers 70% of the earth.

2. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,430
    It's called lack of demand coupled with an unsure technology... why do you think all these green companies are failing daily?

3. WatertheTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    1994 Geo Metro running off hydrogen converted from water on board.

HYDROGEN GENERATOR IN MY 1994 GEO METRO WITH 3 CINDER SUZUKI ENGINE - YouTube

The sole purpose of your government is not to keep you safe and secure, or to protect your liberties and your freedom. The government doesnt exist to promote equality, it doesnt exist to advance our civilization either.

Maybe one day it did, but not today. Today your government exists just to keep things exactly the way they are. Total corruption enabled by total apathy.

4. WatertheTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Lack of demand.

Wow, I never would have guessed that one. I spend 60$ a month on gas, how much do you spend?

5. Seawytch

Seawytch Information isnt Advocacy

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,043
    What...you never saw that bit where all these guys meet at the Pearly Gates and ask each other how they got there? One guy invented a car that runs on water, one guy developed a fuel cell that runs on methane, etc...

6. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    It's really very simple. We currently do not have the Technology to efficiently Collect Hydrogen Fuel from Water. We can do it, but with Current tech it takes more energy to Produce Hydrogen in large amounts, than you will ever get out of burning the Fuel you get from it.

So it is a very Green fuel, But currently not a very Cost Effective one. Anyone using a converted Hydrogen Car and telling themselves they are helping the environment, should wake up to the fact that a Massive amount of Fossil Fuels had to be burnt to produce electricity that was used to separate Hydrogen from Water so they could feel good driving a supposedly green Fueled car.

7. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,430
    A lot more than that.... probaly $60/week... but I get to bill most of it back to clients. The point is how many hybrids are being sold? I'm probably going retire my Mercury Marquis in favor of a Chevy Suburban... I wanna carbon footprint like Godzilla.

8. Vaard

Vaard Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +97
    well, lack of truth more like it......

The Truth About Water-Powered Cars: Mechanic's Diary - Popular Mechanics

Here's the deal, people: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

There is energy in water. Chemically, it's locked up in the atomic bonds between the hydrogen and oxygen atoms. When the hydrogen and oxygen combine, whether it's in a fuel cell, internal combustion engine running on hydrogen, or a jury-rigged pickup truck with an electrolysis cell in the bed, there's energy left over in the form of heat or electrons. That's converted to mechanical energy by the pistons and crankshaft or electrical motors to move the vehicle.

Problem: It takes exactly the same amount of energy to pry those hydrogen and oxygen atoms apart inside the electrolysis cell as you get back when they recombine inside the fuel cell. The laws of thermodynamics haven't changed, in spite of any hype you read on some blog or news aggregator. Subtract the losses to heat in the engine and alternator and electrolysis cell, and you're losing energy, not gaining it--period.

9. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    I am amazed that you realize that the governments main purpose is to protect and support the corporations.

Think about who the big loser would be if we had a cheap car that would run on water.

10. WatertheTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Really, this video shows you how to make a hyrdogen cell out of copper tubes. It would take me about 10 hours of work to build that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vh0RXat3xIY

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011