Why Don’t Feminists Fight For Muslim Women?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
ayaan-hirsi-ali-prager-u-680x365.jpg

What an awesome question! This video by a woman raised in Islam is an awesome commentary on the position of women in Muslim society.

Take the time to watch this 5 minute video.

Go down to Mexico and South America and see the status of women in Judea-Christian society..

So nice to know you are now an expert on Latin culture in Mexico and the rest of the Americas. Can you perhaps cite for us PROOF of your claim that Hispanic/Latina women are treated with the same disregard for human dignity of Muslim males?

you don't know-----I will help you----Muslim women exist in a CULTURE ----well established. They LIVE with their husbands and MOSTLY with HIS FAMILY. In that culture---a
MOTHER OF SONS has power----She has a natural power over HER SONS----and a kind of cultural power over her DAUGHTERS-in-LAW. Who wants to tear the system down? ------the one person that a young married girl can--'go to'
is HER MOTHER-----but that mother is all tied up in the culture---of POWER THRU HER SONS. Her brothers are kinda tied up too. I speak from experience in dealing with a bit of muslim domestic issue here in the USA. There is a similar problem in Indian hindu families. In both cultures---a WOMAN"S power is thru her SONS

you don't know-----I will help you----Muslim women exist in a CULTURE ----well established. They LIVE with their husbands and MOSTLY with HIS FAMILY. In that culture---a
MOTHER OF SONS has power----She has a natural power over HER SONS----and a kind of cultural power over her DAUGHTERS-in-LAW. Who wants to tear the system down? ------the one person that a young married girl can--'go to'
is HER MOTHER-----but that mother is all tied up in the culture---of POWER THRU HER SONS. Her brothers are kinda tied up too. I speak from experience in dealing with a bit of muslim domestic issue here in the USA. There is a similar problem in Indian hindu families. In both cultures---a WOMAN"S power is thru her SONS

Well, why the hell can't she have power OF HER OWN?

Well, why the hell can't she have power OF HER OWN?

calm down knife-----in that society ----NO ONE has "power" on -------his own and CERTAINLY NOT on HER OWN.
FAMILY IS THE BIGGIE -----sorry ---but that it how it is -----OVER THERE-----and actually "over here" if one is from OVER THERE. FAMILY kinda OWNS everything

The OP is an Apparatchik who repeats canned lies about his political opponents.

He wants us to think that because the Left opposes Islamophobia (the belief that all Muslims are bad, not just the radicals), it means that feminists can't also be against the oppression of women in the Muslim world.

If the OP is wondering why feminists are not more outspoken against the oppression of women in the Middle East, he should do the kind of research that intellectually lazy people never do.

If he did the research he would not only discover that feminism was specifically developed to address social and legal issues in THIS nation, but that American universities have actually produced plenty of scholarship about the oppression of women across the world.

To simplify: opposition to Rightwing Islamophobia is not incompatible with an opposition to the oppression of women in the Middle East.

Of course, the problem of oppression in the Middle East will remain unsolved if the right successfully drives moderates into the hands of radicals - which is exactly what they're doing by calling all Muslim moderates barbarians. This is why we're afraid of Trump - not because he believes the stupid garbage he says about Mexicans and Muslims, but because their is audience for it. Trump is doing what George Wallace did. He is trying to win an election with fear, by appealing to the worst in people. He is building a coalition much like Hitler's, around scared nativists looking for a scapegoat.

Last edited:
Muslim women are in their condition voluntarily. Nothing to rescue

Go down to Mexico and South America and see the status of women in Judea-Christian society..

So nice to know you are now an expert on Latin culture in Mexico and the rest of the Americas. Can you perhaps cite for us PROOF of your claim that Hispanic/Latina women are treated with the same disregard for human dignity of Muslim males?
Paterna familia via Catholicism social doctrine gives women second class status...
Violence against women 'pandemic' in Mexico

The muslim women that I know are highly offended by how the western media portrays them.

They are wives and mothers who love their honored place in Islamic culture and religion.

And they feel sorry for objectified and abused western women. ....... :cool:

KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Afghanistan’s first lady has broken numerous conventions in a society that traditionally sequesters women behind closed doors — speaking out on issues such as violence against women, the rule of law and the power of religion. But perhaps Rula Ghani’s biggest taboo breaker is simply being the country’s first presidential spouse in decades to be seen and heard in public.
Rula Ghani, Afghanistan’s first lady, breaks taboos

I suppose they've missed your concern and leadership on the issue.

No, they don't do it because they will get killed. They are only feminist when there is no personal risk.
That's why they called them suffragettes in the USA when they were getting killed for the cause..

Yes, and they FOUGHT for the right to vote. The current crop of "feminists" only do their advocacy when it's safe and convenient.

The muslim women that I know are highly offended by how the western media portrays them.

They are wives and mothers who love their honored place in Islamic culture and religion.

And they feel sorry for objectified and abused western women. ....... :cool:

Yes, peasant women, uneducated, kept barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen simply don't know any better.

What is the policy regarding the education of girls?

Riiiight. It's not done lest they rebel.

Forum List

Back