Why Don't Churches Pay The IRS

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Cammmpbell, May 16, 2012.

1. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    They preach politics every Sunday. What goddam business has the church got telling Caesar what to do:

Franklin Graham: Obama is shaking his fist at God | Religion | Rock Hill Herald Online

"Franklin Graham: Obama is shaking his fist at God

By MICHAEL GORDON

CHARLOTTE, N.C. - In another provocative comment aimed at Barack Obama, evangelist Franklin Graham on Thursday accused the president of having "shaken his fist" at God by changing his position on same-sex marriage.
    "It grieves me that our president would now affirm same-sex marriage, though I believe it grieves God even more," Graham said in a prepared statement.
    "This is a sad day for America. May God help us."

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,816
    Churches have long dabbled in politics and been centers of political organizers.

I would like to see churches taxed, with substantial exemptions & deductions for actual charity work done.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Doesn't make it right. It religious folks are going to push their political agenda to millions every Sunday the very least they should have to do is pay taxes just like any other small business....after all, that's what they are...plain and simple.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    Because it's a church they can't talk about anything political? You would like to see them denied Freedom of Speech? They're not "selling" anything, so they're not a business. The money a church makes is from DONATIONS or TITHING of the people that attend the church, or bake sales, or rummage sales, dinners, etc...the pastors are also paid with DONATIONS. People aren't forced to pay anything if they don't want to or can't. So why should the church be taxed?

I know there are large churches out there that pretty much force people to tithe a certain amount to go there, which i am very much against....i wouldn't step foot in a church like that. But the majority of churches are not like that at all.

Franklin Graham was right on about Obama....God Help Us

5. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    I know about the Grahams...because they believe a 2000 year old crock of schit they're supposed to be smart. Well....they are in a way, about half smart.

Oral Roberts was like that. One time he raised millions from dumbasses when he told them god had spoken to him and told him he would die if he didn't raise millions of dollars in donations by a certain date. Guess what....the ignorant, the widows, the paupers, the brainwashed....all sent him a few dollars and he made his goal. He didn't die then but it wasn't too long till he did. He's as dead as a rock.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    I know you might no tbe familiar with this amendment to the Constitution, or the Constitution itself. But this amendment is why the IRS cant tax Churches. The Federal Government was expressly forbidden to pass any laws against Churches.

7. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517

Then they need to obey the verses,

"Matthew 22:20-22
    King James Version (KJV)

20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way."

'Course most of them don't even know what's in the bible...much less follow the instructions

8. Caroljo

Caroljo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    The Church's owe Caesar NOTHING. It's in the constitution....so "leagally" they cannot be taxed. God isn't going to expect them to pay tax when they don't owe it. So you just contredicted yourself! Lol!

9. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,635
    They should.

10. bodecea

bodecea Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,635
    Really? Where in the 1st amendment does it say that churchs don't have to pay taxes? Show it to us.