Why doesnt the Media Consult the Experts Who Predicted Trumps Win Instead of the Usual Losers?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I am trying to put a list together of who all successfully predicted that Trump would win and see what befelll them since.

1) Sean Hannity predicted a Trump win and he has had some added success in his career since.

2) Ann Coulter did but I dont think it has much helped her career. She seems to have become a pariah among her entertainment industry friends.

3) Doug Wead, but have no idea what has happened to him since. hmongbuy.net - CNN stunned by pro Trump historian Download hmong music video,mp4 mp3

4) Allan Lichtman is being shunned by his peers. Professor who predicted Trump win: 'Nobody would talk to me'

5) Helmut Norpoth Political science professor forecasts Trump as general election winner

6) Michael Moore; his career seems to have gotten a new lease on life since.

7) LA Times poll. How the 'L.A. Times' poll was the only one to predict a Trump win

Anyone I missed?

I remember Michael Moore was brought in to multiple interviews on MSNBC to discuss how he predicted Trump's win and why he knew he would win.

Surely the media, as private companies, choose the people who are the best for their ratings and not people who, with hindsight, predicted something right.

Predicted when? A lot of The polls were actually right on that last weekend .

I am trying to put a list together of who all successfully predicted that Trump would win and see what befelll them since.

1) Sean Hannity predicted a Trump win and he has had some added success in his career since.

2) Ann Coulter did but I dont think it has much helped her career. She seems to have become a pariah among her entertainment industry friends.

3) Doug Wead, but have no idea what has happened to him since. hmongbuy.net - CNN stunned by pro Trump historian Download hmong music video,mp4 mp3

4) Allan Lichtman is being shunned by his peers. Professor who predicted Trump win: 'Nobody would talk to me'

5) Helmut Norpoth Political science professor forecasts Trump as general election winner

7) LA Times poll. How the 'L.A. Times' poll was the only one to predict a Trump win

Anyone I missed?

You're as stupid as your links. Number 7 for example. The LA Times poll had Trump winning the popular vote, and that's all they had.

He lost the popular vote.

Anyone I missed?

lol, yes you missed all the RW hacks in the media who predicted Trump would win just because of their hackery.

Anyone I missed?

You're as stupid as your links. Number 7 for example. The LA Times poll had Trump winning the popular vote, and that's all they had.

He lost the popular vote.
That’s the genius of the founding fathers, the electoral college kept the crazies at bay.

Surely the media, as private companies, choose the people who are the best for their ratings and not people who, with hindsight, predicted something right.
That right there is the number one reason I don't watch the lying scumbags. Then someone will say "Where do you get your news?"

LOL!

Predicted when? A lot of The polls were actually right on that last weekend .

This is correct. Most polls actually had the popular vote correct, but didn't put 2 and 2 together.

I posted in a discussion with Statistikhengst 3 weeks prior to the election that Clinton needed a 3.4% lead in the national polls to win the electoral college.

Her surplus votes in deep blue states exceeded Trumps surplus votes in deep red states by (if memory serves me right) more than 5 million votes. Nice if that's what matters, but not so nice in our form of electing the POTUS.

That big of a lead in surplus votes skewed the perception and made Clinton less likely to win the toss up states.

So, the national polls were correct, but not in predicting who won electoral votes.

Who predicted that Trump would lose the popular vote by a substantial margin and still manage to win the electoral vote?

Who cares about the popular vote? That isn't the agreed upon game.

It was easy to predict. You knew she was going was going to win New York and California plus a couple of north east states. That is the popular vote right there. A bunch of people who vote for anything with a D next to their name.

Look at the DNC convention. Trump hadmore supporters than Hillary. At her own convention. This election one to predict since 96:

Hillary lost two primaries + the most passion she was ever able to dumb up is I don't hate her + the anti establishment anger in both parties= Trump win.

Who predicted that Trump would lose the popular vote by a substantial margin and still manage to win the electoral vote?

It was easy to predict. You knew she was going was going to win New York and California plus a couple of north east states. That is the popular vote right there. A bunch of people who vote for anything with a D next to their name.

Look at the DNC convention. Trump hadmore supporters than Hillary. At her own convention. This election one to predict since 96:

Hillary lost two primaries + the most passion she was ever able to dumb up is I don't hate her + the anti establishment anger in both parties= Trump win.

lol, who cares about the popular vote? The OP, since he listed as one of the correct predictors of the election as the LA Times poll

lol, who cares about the popular vote? The OP, since he listed as one of the correct predictors of the election as the LA Times poll

Just because they predicted the election doesn't mean they predicted the popular vote.

Just because they predicted the election doesn't mean they predicted the popular vote.

The LA Times poll had Trump winning the popular vote by 4 points, which translates into getting it wrong by 6 points.
That is not an expert prediction. That is a bad poll.

The LA Times poll had Trump winning the popular vote by 4 points, which translates into getting it wrong by 6 points.
That is not an expert prediction. That is a bad poll.

A bad poll beat out the "expert prediction" in the press.

There are some that predicted the popular vote for Trump, but that doesn't mean they all did.

Forum List

Back