Why does the Rightwing Conservatives Hate Unions?

Because they do not believe in the right to assembily

Could you please stop telling other people what they believe. You make yourself look ridiculous.

Wasn't it just a short time ago that the "right to assembly" :eusa_drool: was mocked when the Tea Party assembled?? remenber all the cnutty whining about that?

I know you are not comparing the tea party to the protest going on by teachers, firefighters and policemen.:cuckoo:
It is not about 'right to assembly" but right of public workers. Without unions they have no one to bargain for them and their jobs.

Could you please stop telling other people what they believe. You make yourself look ridiculous.

Wasn't it just a short time ago that the "right to assembly" :eusa_drool: was mocked when the Tea Party assembled?? remenber all the cnutty whining about that?

I know you are not comparing the tea party to the protest going on by teachers, firefighters and policemen.:cuckoo:
It is not about 'right to assembly" but right of public workers. Without unions they have no one to bargain for them and their jobs.

You, like TM, don't know jack shit.

Yes, I was comparing. The T E A Party are the people who pay the taxes, that pay the benefits of your public workers. They work for us. We cannot afford them and their shit anymore we izzzzz broke.. do you understand what "broke" izzzz???

Yes, I was comparing. The T E A Party are the people who pay the taxes, that pay the benefits of your public workers. They work for us. We cannot afford them and their shit anymore we izzzzz broke.. do you understand what "broke" izzzz???

Don't public workers pay taxes, or are they tax exempt? Seems to me the public worker is paying part of his wages to support himself.

Oh, Wisconsin couldn't be broke, or even desperate. The governor doesn't care anyway, and refuses to negotiate. As long as people are paying the same rate of taxes the state isn't broke. Well it could be broke if the governor is an irresponsible fool.

Oh, Wisconsin couldn't be broke, or even desperate. The governor doesn't care anyway, and refuses to negotiate. As long as people are paying the same rate of taxes the state isn't broke. Well it could be broke if the governor is an irresponsible fool.

The governor wants the government unions to pay 5.6% of their retirement The eqivalant in the private sector is 7.5%
The governor wants the government unions to pay 12.6% to their healthcare The eqivalant in the private sector is 20%

Don't public workers pay taxes, or are they tax exempt? Seems to me the public worker is paying part of his wages to support himself.

And? Your military does it for their entire career and continues to pay taxes on their retirement that comes from the taxes. Nothing new here.

Well, when it gets to the point that they cost more then they're worth....then it's time to trim the fat.

Oh, and in somewhat related news,

my governor, Andrew Cuomo, DEMOCRAT, is proposing tough cuts and sacrifices, but is doing so reasonably, and rationally, and with the decency and class you just can't get out of a REPUBLICAN governor...

...and Cuomo has a 77% APPROVAL RATING.

One more example of why conservatism is dead.

NY is a pretty Liberal State ....aint it?.....

And you have proof of that statement? Really? It so happens the vast majority of Americans supports PEUs.

got a link to that claim?

Why didn't you ask the other poster who claimed the opposite for a link?

it was on the 24th or 25th page of posts

Think there's a chance I may have missed it?

Or do you also not have a link to support that claim?

If you don't reply I will assume you missed this reply as I am assuming the original poster did.

I disagree with the premise that firefighters, public nurses, and state park rangers are lazy slobs who are looking to rip off the tax payer and live the easy life. Wisconsin state workers, and state workers across the nation have already demonstrated over and over that they are willing to take furloughs, pay cuts, and benefits cuts to help out with state budgets. Have corporations, the Koch brothers, and wealthy people chipped in likewise, and offered to pay a few more taxes to help the budget? Aren't we all in this together? Or is it just average working people being asked to sacrifice?

I agree with the Green Bay Packers, on public workers.

Statement from Green Bay Packers on Wisconsin Public Workers

Feb. 11, 2011

We know that it is team work on and off the field that makes the Packers and Wisconsin great. As a publicly owned team we wouldn't have been able to win the Super Bowl without the support of our fans.

It is the same dedication of our public workers every day that makes Wisconsin run. They are the teachers, nurses and child care workers who take care of us and our families. But now in an unprecedented political attack Governor Walker is trying to take away their right to have a voice and bargain at work.

The right to negotiate wages and benefits is a fundamental underpinning of our middle class. When workers join together it serves as a check on corporate power and helps ALL workers by raising community standards. Wisconsin's long standing tradition of allowing public sector workers to have a voice on the job has worked for the state since the 1930s. It has created greater consistency in the relationship between labor and management and a shared approach to public work.

These public workers are Wisconsin's champions every single day and we urge the Governor and the State Legislature to not take away their rights.

-Signed

Green Bay Packers
I smell cheese-wizz, and it's nasty. Where'd this 'letter' come from? Chain mail?

I find no press releases from the organization that lend me to believe this is genuine, and a statement this weighty is not done lightly. Not to mention, it was done 9 days ago... before the protests really got going. And nothing on their OFFICIAL website.

The Packer Organization almost never comments on things like this unless they are directly involved. Someone's trying to gin up support in a reprehensible way.

So I want to see a link to a credible source before I buy this chunk of stinky cheese.

Forum List

Back