Why does faith deserve respect?

Particularly Christianity

Not too bad.

Having been raised in the Roman Catholic Church it took me a good 40 years to shake off my paranoia, low self-esteem, self-doubt, and shame of being imperfect.

When I finally broke loose from the ex, I remarried and had a daughter. In her nearly 20 years, my wife and I never once uttered the words "God", "Jesus", "Faith", or "Church". At least not in the context that we were attempting to communicate those topics to her.

Well, the daughter is just fine and dandy. In fact, she's awesome. I will say this - I gave her a very simple and brief baptism in our kitchen sink "I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit... Amen". That night, under the starlight sky, I held her above my head and said "Behold, the only thing greater than yourself". Yeah, I stole that from Roots but I think it's pretty cool. :lol:
A couple months later we performed a Pagan baptism for her in the back yard. It was very moving.

Y'know, G'no... many preeminent scientists, mathematicians, physicists, theorists, etc, are people of Faith.

Back to my ramblings... I think I've baptized a dozen babbies over the years. It goes back to when I was in grade school. I was so impressed with a lesson on baptizing someone who, say, was in an auto accident and dying. Now, regardless of my beliefs today, can you imagine the power that this third grader felt when I was told that the baptism I administer would get a human being through the Pearly Gates? :dunno: I was thinking "wow this is the coolest shit!"

Another funny one - this was probably 25 years ago... I was visiting a friend who's daughter recently gave birth to a son. I of course asked if I could baptize him. She didn't hesitate to say "sure"! So we're in the kitchen and after I did my thing I noticed a steak knife on the countertop. So I picked it up and said "OK, now for the circumcision". :lol:

Why does faith deserve respect?

hate to clue the guy in, faith is not religion ...

faith, hope are means to acquire knowledge, respect is contiguous.

faith by Columbus proved the land across the void.

Deserve respect?? If someone has mistreated you in the name of Christianity...that doesn't deserve respect ever. Or if someone has purposely shamed you.

It not the faith of any person that deserves respect....but I do respect the truth when someones speaking it. ( if that makes sense)

God Spoke to Us Through His Son
When Jesus was on the earth, God spoke to us through Him, and when Jesus returned to the Father, the Holy Spirit was sent to lead us into all truth—to be our “communicator” from God. (See Matthew 10:18–20; John 14:26, 16:7–8, 13; Romans 8:26; I Corinthians 2:9–16; and Acts 8:29, 13:2.)

If you are a believer, the Holy Spirit dwells within you, but it is still necessary to nurture your relationship with your heavenly Father in order to learn how to be attentive to His voice. As you grow in faith and mature as a believer, you will learn to hear God speak. Jesus said, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me” (John 10:27).

...a Christian wont demand respect for themselves ( Gods word yes), no matter how insidious the attacks are...you can bet on that.

Those with occult and mystical beliefs rarely respect those without such beliefs.

Forum List

Back