Why does civilian LE need military style weapons?

Do you realize that during that shootout, the police had to drive to local gun stores to get AR-15s, which the gun stores just handed out to them, in order to engage the shooters............gun stores gave the cops the AR-15s and other rifles to deal with the shooters......no questions asked...doofus.......

do you realize...doofus....that with all the rounds the two guys fired with their illegal, fully automatic weapons, they didn't kill one person? Did you realize that? 2,000 rounds fired all the way around and no one was killed but the two bank robbers.....

North Hollywood shootout - Wikipedia

Both perpetrators were killed, twelve police officers and eight civilianswere injured, and numerous vehicles and other property were damaged or destroyed by the nearly 2,000 rounds of ammunition fired by the robbers and police.[1]

----

Several officers also appropriated AR-15 and other semi-automatic rifles from a nearby firearms dealer.

Fully automatic rifle fire...and no one except the two criminals were killed...

AR-15s are not military weapons......there are 8 million of them in the U.S. and they are the most popular rifle in the United States.......they are pretty good for self defense, especially for women ..........not so great out in the woods...

Before I even looked, I knew it was going to be North Hollywood.

The weapons the police had were useless. So useless that the police department didn't possess adequate weapons.

• Banned
The thread points out this question asked by Damaged Eagle: Why do the civil law enforcement agencies require military grade equipment?

My answer was the video. None of the responses above are on topic, In the thread, Mass Killings: The Blame, several people asked why police are allowed military style weapons and not the general public.

The video shows the answer and those with at least average intelligence get it.

Last edited:

do you realize...doofus....that with all the rounds the two guys fired with their illegal, fully automatic weapons, they didn't kill one person? Did you realize that? 2,000 rounds fired all the way around and no one was killed but the two bank robbers.....

North Hollywood shootout - Wikipedia

Both perpetrators were killed, twelve police officers and eight civilianswere injured, and numerous vehicles and other property were damaged or destroyed by the nearly 2,000 rounds of ammunition fired by the robbers and police.[1]

----

Several officers also appropriated AR-15 and other semi-automatic rifles from a nearby firearms dealer.

Fully automatic rifle fire...and no one except the two criminals were killed...

I'm not a "doofus" and the weapons used by the would be bank robbers were AK47's, full auto with armor piercing projectiles.

Forum List

Back