Why do you like Bush ?

Bonnie said:
So your saying you are a kind and gentle drunk? :funnyface

Only kidding, I mean that in the most loving way ;)

Very funny! Now you'll never get to counsel in my school! :dance: See, not THAT kinder and gentler! Would you like a cup 'o tea?

Kathianne said:
Very funny! Now you'll never get to counsel in my school! :dance: See, not THAT kinder and gentler! Would you like a cup 'o tea?

Actually Id prefer a nice glass of wine before bed :wine:

JIHADTHIS said:
Spill, What's your thoughts on my reply to you that's posted above?

JIHADTHIS said:
US invades Iraq, frees 25 million people, ends one of the most brutal dictatorships in modern times. A military threat to the stability of the region is removed.

my take on that, is that we haven't really 'freed' anyone. they live under a puppet government, with constant threat of terror attacks. and i really don't buy a democracy happening or lasting. i see only assissination attempts for years to come. you can't deny this has been the state of things up to date, and i don't see anything that would change this. i wouldn't call it 'stable' and 'free'. i consider that rightspeak for absolute optimism in the very best possible scenario. it is not currently reality.

JIHADTHIS said:
The US does nothing, allowing the problems to fester further out of control. Iraq passes off nukes or biochem weapons to an Islamic group who in turn uses it on the US killing thousands or millions. Saddam professed his hate of the US many times in the past.

problem is, NUKES HAVE ALREADY LEAKED OUT OF PAKISTAN, and they could be anywhere. even here already! and it was NEVER a case of doing NOTHING. i posted a remark from powell and one from rice about the ongoing sanctions that would still be in place. KEEP IN MIND SADDAM SWITCHED TO TRADING OIL IN EUROS IN 2000, AND THAT WAS ALSO A FACTOR. he would still be under sanctions, still be under our surveillance satellites, and there would be tens of thousands of people still alive, and more than 100,000 troops either home or on much less precarious assinments.

call me crazy, but there are a lot of countries that are just as bad, if not worse than saddam was 'to his people', but let's not kid ourselves. anyone saying there WAS NO OIL interest, and no BUSINESS interest, and just a desire to to re-write the political map in the ME is just in denial. and going about it the way we did, with force and death and arrogance, was the complete wrong approach. we have only further polarized the anti-americans even more against us.

spillmind said:
i formally challenge you to present some facts about why it was a great decision to invade iraq and how it's been good for our country, and our world, and how we are safer for it. present some evidence, link something, or make a freaking point. is it really too much to ask besides your pop shots from the sidelines?
I'm starting to think that the only people benefitting from invading Iraq are those invested in Hallibuton and Carlyle group.

Let us know if you actually receive it, Zhukov.

Originally Posted by insein
Sigh. I'm going to regret this but...

Yep. That was a waste of time. You can't pin Spilly down with facts & reports, he'll duck and weave to another subject. Kudos for the effort, though!

NightTrain said:
Let us know if you actually receive it, Zhukov.

Yep. That was a waste of time. You can't pin Spilly down with facts & reports, he'll duck and weave to another subject. Kudos for the effort, though!

Graphs, Charts, maps, satelite imagry, xrays, top secret documents stuffed down your pants from the archives. Unless MM says it... it's all untrue

insein said:
In regards to Iraq's Nuclear materials.

this *is* news to me. while it sounds really interesting, would you care to explain why this isn't all over the news as 'finding WMDs', and why the bush administration isn't touting this as proof of discovery of WMDs? i would think this as a huge victory for him, and it would be intergrated into his speeches, as justification. because he really needs that right now.

insein said:
In regards to Iraq's Nuclear want.

the fox news story:

'But how much credibility these reports had was not clear. The Senate committee criticized the CIA for "inconsistent and at times contradictory" reports to policy-makers on the uranium issue.'

the indystar story:

The intelligence committee's report said CIA analysts didn't believe Wilson's information was significant or that it clarified the Iraq-Niger connection.

the cbsnews story:

The Senate report also raises doubts about the veracity of some of Wilson's statements. It says that he claimed in a Washington Post article to have seen the documents purporting to prove the Iraq-Niger link, when in fact he had not. It also says he falsely claimed Vice President Dick Cheney was briefed on his Niger visit.

Wilson says the articles all quoted "anonymous sources" that "were either misquoted or were misattributed to me."

In an addendum to the report, Roberts and two other Republicans accused Wilson of providing "inaccurate, unsubstantiated and misleading" information.

as far as WMD being transported:

first off, forgive me if i don't take your partisan sources as gospel. i'll give credit for your sources on the first topic. very credible. but the newsmax stories even concedes:

In his testimony before Congress last year, weapons inspector Kay said U.S. satellite surveillance showed substantial vehicular traffic going from Iraq to Syria just prior to the U.S. attack on March 19, 2003.

While Kay said investigators couldn't be sure the cargo contained weapons of mass destruction,

and the vanguard makes this good point: This is the biggest news story of 2004 so far. Yet you haven't heard about it, have you?

i guess the rest of the news media is all too liberal to cover this story in this light? maybe because it lacks credibility? just a guess.

like i said, if all this were totally true, you would hear dubya hanging his hat on it everyday and in every speech. but he doesn't! he doesn't even come close to claiming he found WMDs, or he knows where they are.

maybe you should be his advisor/publicist? *shrugs*

and as for the iraq/al aqeada links, saddam and bin laden did not like each other. they shared the common enemy, along with many other countries in the world. the 9/11 commission (and i dare not call it bi-partisan) has already stated that there is not enough evidence to link iraq to 9/11.

thanks for posting some real content! i've got renewed respect for your posts.

spillmind said:
and as for the iraq/al aqeada links, saddam and bin laden did not like each other. they shared the common enemy, along with many other countries in the world. the 9/11 commission (and i dare not call it bi-partisan) has already stated that there is not enough evidence to link iraq to 9/11.

Actually they never claimed that IRaq had ties with 9/11. that made that very clear. They did however claim that Al Queda and Iraq have had deals in the past. Osama even shopped around between IRan, Iraq and Afghanistan for a place to setup shop. If anyone has a direct connection to 9/11 it would be Iran. Iraq or Saddam's Iraq did have ties with al queda though.

thanks for posting some real content! i've got renewed respect for your posts.

I have regained respect for you with this calm reply with a real thought process instead of angry rantings. Keep it up.

curious1 said:
I'm starting to think that the only people benefitting from invading Iraq are those invested in Halliburton and Carlyle group.

Then fucking BUY!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=HAL&d=t

Liquidate everything you can and buy Haliburton shares, and get feelthy freeking rich then.

The fact is Bush and Cheney don't own a single share of either company, and since they sold off their own interests in 1999-2000 here is the performance of Haliburton:

The whole time Haliburton has "cleaned up", you could have actually bought into the share of HAL on the NYSE, and actually gained as it recovered from a massive drop.

bc

Comrade said:
Then fucking BUY!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=HAL&d=t

Liquidate everything you can and buy Haliburton shares, and get feelthy freeking rich then.

The fact is Bush and Cheney don't own a single share of either company, and since they sold off their own interests in 1999-2000 here is the performance of Haliburton:

The whole time Haliburton has "cleaned up", you could have actually bought into the share of HAL on the NYSE, and actually gained as it recovered from a massive drop.

bc

Sure wish i had. DAMN!!

insein said:
You keep thinking that. Tell me how it works out.
It didn't really work out... I was miserable that day and the following.. I'm back now.. as happy as can be that Sadaam is locked up in a cage..

we better not f that up..

Forum List

Back