Why do people watch the "Syfy" channel?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
It is sad people would rather watch terrible sci fi like this

'The Ark' Becomes Syfy’s Most Watched Premiere In Two Years (Exclusive)

SyFy’s Space Opera ‘The Ark’ Is a Joyless, Airless Trip to Deep Space

rather than check out the much better stuff on streaming services.

Even the current season of "Picard" is lightyears ahead of Syfy's "The Ark".

Is it the slow internet in underserved areas? Perhaps satellite internet will be a solution.
Remote tribe says SpaceX Starlink “catapulted” them into 21st century

Perhaps the space race should have never ended. Imagine having satellite internet and video conferencing in the 2000s or even 1990s.

Last edited:
What do you mean by "better stuff" . ?
There are only five different plots in the whole of our history . What's wrong with letting the Sheeple consume and swallow the drivel versions ?
It's doubtful they would greatly appreciate so called better stuff .

It would be like forcing the unsophisticated to eat Haute Cuisine when they would be happy with bangers and mash , followed by jelly and trifle .
Don't be a patronising snob . You would probably not regard yourself as superior if the Sheeple were not there for comparison .

Most sci fi that was any good has already been done. Even the fiction put out these days isn't original, even though better written, admittedly, than a lot of the older stuff. Same with the swordz n wizzers genre. Most people seem to go for the vampires and witches rubbish these days.

It is sad people would rather watch terrible sci fi like this

'The Ark' Becomes Syfy’s Most Watched Premiere In Two Years (Exclusive)

SyFy’s Space Opera ‘The Ark’ Is a Joyless, Airless Trip to Deep Space

rather than check out the much better stuff on streaming services.

Even the current season of "Picard" is lightyears ahead of Syfy's "The Ark".

Is it the slow internet in underserved areas? Perhaps satellite internet will be a solution.
Remote tribe says SpaceX Starlink “catapulted” them into 21st century

Perhaps the space race should have never ended. Imagine having satellite internet and video conferencing in the 2000s or even 1990s.

The Ark is great. What a brilliant concept. Star Trek completely skips this stage in our space exploration. They make it seem like we went right from the space shuttle we have now to the enterprise. If we do master space travel this will most likely be how we start.

Omg I’m so excited to see what happens next. I hope they don’t ruin it. Right now they are on their way to a habitable planet but there was an accident so they woke up too early.

They have to figure out their fuel, food and water shortages.

I love it that all the first officers and best minds died in the accident. So it’s up to the second stringers to figure everything out.

Wonderful show.

In the last show I think they said there are ten or more arks. All going to different planets or maybe some are going to the same planet. Or maybe all ten are going to the same planet.

The technology on the tenth ark might be so much better than 1 that they catch up to it.

Cant wait for the next episode.

For all Mankind is woke horribleness.
The guise is the story is about what if Russia was first to the moon, and more advanced then America? What would that look like?
But, that is the guise. The hook to get you to watch the real intent of the story - an all female moon crew.
We watched the first several episodes, and it looked to be promising. Then the real intent revealed itself.. just like that, one episode to the next... and suddenly women start taking over supervisory roles.... and main character switching began.

The guise is the story is about what if Russia was first to the moon, and more advanced then America? What would that look like?
But, that is the guise. The hook to get you to watch the real intent of the story - an all female moon crew.
We watched the first several episodes, and it looked to be promising. Then the real intent revealed itself.. just like that, one episode to the next... and suddenly women start taking over supervisory roles.... and main character switching began.
Really? So even if they have a woman captain they are too liberal for you?

I'm watching season 1 episode 8. Lots of cool new stuff happening. New characters. Why did Ark 15 attack Ark 3? How did Ark 15 catch Ark 3? Why did the program speed up?

And on this episode the rich guy (Elon Musk) who started the whole thing ends up surviving Ark 3 and now he's on Ark 1?

You're still watching. Admit it. And you love it.

Dumbass, in the star trek timeline they were way past that point. Dense.
I know. That's what I said.

Anyways, episode 8 I'm starting to get to know the characters better and the plot thickens.

But this is exactly how we will travel to the first planet we think it habitable. Send 15 arks. The 15th ark will be much faster than Ark 1. It will probably pass it on the way to this planet.

We still haven't found a planet that is just right for humans. Not even close enough. There's one exoplanet that is close but it has twice the gravity earth has. Can you imagine if we found a planet that was close enough but had twice the gravity? How would we adapt to the heavy gravity? We would have to become different than humans to thrive on such a planet.

I'm sure science will figure out a way.

I'm watching season 1 episode 8. Lots of cool new stuff happening. New characters. Why did Ark 15 attack Ark 3? How did Ark 15 catch Ark 3? Why did the program speed up?

And on this episode the rich guy (Elon Musk) who started the whole thing ends up surviving Ark 3 and now he's on Ark 1?

No.
That is what liberals want conservatives to think.
An all women moon crew is not realistic in the 1960s. That would never happen, and in the usual manner - the women have to take over because the men are too incompetent, immature and not as smart as women. That is the woke part. And I am not interested in watching it. At all.
I loved Alien, loved the Ripley character. Conner in Terminator etc. etc. Strong female leads is not a problem at all. Making men look like a bunch of bungling maniacs and "thank God women are here to save us" is not my idea of entertainment.

No.
That is what liberals want conservatives to think.
An all women moon crew is not realistic in the 1960s. That would never happen, and in the usual manner - the women have to take over because the men are too incompetent, immature and not as smart as women. That is the woke part. And I am not interested in watching it. At all.
I loved Alien, loved the Ripley character. Conner in Terminator etc. etc. Strong female leads is not a problem at all. Making men look like a bunch of bungling maniacs and "thank God women are here to save us" is not my idea of entertainment.
Sometimes you have to point it out or I don't see it. Seems they are trying not to get political but maybe this is true.

They do have a gay character on the ship. Why would they? They can't procreate. That's a waste of a seat. So now I'm seeing what you are putting down.

Most shows should be action adventure with males doing the deeds. ST TNG would have been great with Worf, Data and Riker beaming down to planets and having action/adventure near every week. Like TOS. It actually got better when the Tasha Yar character was killed off. Most of the Counselor Troi and Doctor concentrated episodes were terrible. Progs do not get it. And do not understand it. Civilization is regressing and male poverty is expanding in the West along with much of the world. Plus, we have educated males who have no issue helping it along and even pretending to be part of movements pushing false riots that benefit some groups and make others look no good.

Now that you pointed it out I noticed the evil villain on Ark 5 is a woman. The brains behind all the technology they are using did come from a guy. Proxima B doesn't rotate so it's not livable. So he put giant magnets around the planet and they are going to get it spinning. Pretty cool concept. The idea that a planet might not be exactly right for us in it's current state but can be fixed. Sort of like how earth was. The moon was created when Theia crashed into earth

Maybe we have to change the planets distance from the sun so it's in the goldielock zone.

If we can imagine this, one day it will be so. But we don't need to delay. Because of religion and slavery we've been held back for over 7000 years. We need to evolve quicker.

Right now we are a creature who uses up it's planets natural resources rather than tap into the sun. We are still so primitive

Forum List

Back