Why Are Walmart Prices So Cheap?

a974_bm.gif

According to a 2004 report released by U.S. Representative George Miller, one 200-employee Wal-Mart store may cost federal taxpayers $420,000 per year because of the need for federal aid (such as housing assistance, tax credits, and health insurance assistance) for Wal-Mart's low-wage employees.

Sounds to me like that's the fault of the U.S government, not Wal-Mart. Don't want to cost taxpayers moneys for handouts? Don't give the handouts. Easy enough.

Maybe if we just blindfold citizens, place them on the edge of a pit, then shoot them in the back of the head it would save you some money.

I suggest you spend it all, because it will do you no good in hell...

Sorry, I don't pity people who get themselves into situations. Rather it be a poor man who didn't get a better education, or a rich man who finds himself in jail for fraud. We're all responsible for our own actions, but you'd have me be responsible for the actions of others. No thanks.

China pays $1.50 an hour for labor.

ya but how much do they charge for Ramen noodles over there ?

:eusa_shhh: It's a secret...but, I can hook you up with some sauted diced Rabbitt noodles with hot spicy sauce... if you want. I know people.

great--cuz I'm way too cool to shop where there are a lot of poor,ugly, stupid, people.

(some of them aren't even anglos and I can just see the "I hate Chinese children" look in their eyes)

Walmart Evil, yet KMart, Home Depot get a pass? WTF? Costco, B.J.'s, What's with that?

Walmart Evil, yet KMart, Home Depot get a pass? WTF? Costco, B.J.'s, What's with that?

The libs haven't put it on the official memo yet. They're a bunch off stupid assholes who just mouth shit and go with it.

Yeah, remember when Home Depot hiring all of those Part Time employee's knocked down Clinton's unemployment Rolls. They get a pass.

Sounds to me like that's the fault of the U.S government, not Wal-Mart. Don't want to cost taxpayers moneys for handouts? Don't give the handouts. Easy enough.

Maybe if we just blindfold citizens, place them on the edge of a pit, then shoot them in the back of the head it would save you some money.

Sorry, I don't pity people who get themselves into situations. Rather it be a poor man who didn't get a better education, or a rich man who finds himself in jail for fraud. We're all responsible for our own actions, but you'd have me be responsible for the actions of others. No thanks.

I'm sorry too, sorry you were raised that way. No one get to where they are all by themselves. And half the human beings that victims of poverty really are victims. They are children, elderly and disabled. We live in a society, not a jungle.

Whahooo!
Man this is great! $200 for a 32" HD LCD TV...how do they do it?

Well that is easy..first they had to close all the plants in the U.S. where greedy American workers use to work(picture on the left of old American Plant)...but screw them right?

Then they opened massive plants in Mexico (Sony in Baja Mexico photo below) and India.

But hey...Walmart keeps them prices down for the rest of us!

Hmm well how did Wally World sell cheaper back before offshoring was a major problem?
I recall when they emphasized Made in America sold there.

Could it be that they just did what the other retailers were doing but better?
And are still doing the same thing?

According to Iamwhatiseem, WalMart redesigns and reengineers all of the products that they sell using their world wide research and developement and world wide manufacturing and distribution systems.

According to Iamwhatiseem, WalMart is the largest design and manufacturing conglomerate on the planet. Walmart is to manufactured products what God is to Creation.

According to a 2004 report released by U.S. Representative George Miller, one 200-employee Wal-Mart store may cost federal taxpayers $420,000 per year because of the need for federal aid (such as housing assistance, tax credits, and health insurance assistance) for Wal-Mart's low-wage employees.

How much would it cost if this workforce was not employed at all?

If this workforce was capable of gaining employment at a higher wage rate, what has stopped them from doing so?

Whahooo!

Well that is easy..first they had to close all the plants in the U.S. where greedy American workers use to work(picture on the left of old American Plant)...but screw them right?

Then they opened massive plants in Mexico (Sony in Baja Mexico photo below) and India.

Sony has had assembly plants in Mexican border towns since the early 80s (perhaps before) taking advantage of the maquila for some time. 1994 NAFTA made the maquilas boom even more.

If only the unions' wages didn't make maquilas so attractive for doing business.

I'm sorry too, sorry you were raised that way. No one get to where they are all by themselves. And half the human beings that victims of poverty really are victims. They are children, elderly and disabled. We live in a society, not a jungle.

The very old, the very young and the infirm get a pass on my gravy train. As a member of society, we have a responsibility to each other to maintain the fabric od society, but the recognition of who is and who is not incapable is a slippery slope.

Morons like Octomom are a completely separate issue. If a gal has a second child on welfare, it's time for sterilization. Seriously! I know, I know. It's about the children.

Duomom or Octomom both have a problem that really should not be encouraged. Encouraging morons to pursue behavior that's injurious to her family and to society at large is about the children, too.

Pycho guy who likes to drink and get tattoos and sleep late and look scary is good at those things. That line of work doesn't pay much, but it's the career he's chosen. Good for him.

The guy who feels bad because his boss didn't tell him daily that he's the best employee just quit because he doesn't need to take that kind of stuff. Do I need to buy his ticket, too?

I need stuff. When I recognize this, I work to find a way to get it. Needing stuff does not entitle me to take it from you. It entitles me to find a way to pay for it. Drawing breath is the proof that I am capable, not the proof that I am deserving.

Whahooo!

Hmm well how did Wally World sell cheaper back before offshoring was a major problem?
I recall when they emphasized Made in America sold there.

Could it be that they just did what the other retailers were doing but better?
And are still doing the same thing?

According to Iamwhatiseem, WalMart redesigns and reengineers all of the products that they sell using their world wide research and developement and world wide manufacturing and distribution systems.

According to Iamwhatiseem, WalMart is the largest design and manufacturing conglomerate on the planet. Walmart is to manufactured products what God is to Creation.

Wow...I look like a chipmunk with all the words you put in my mouth, is this your style of debate? To take what people say and blow it up into the most extreme thought you can manage to think of?

The very old, the very young and the infirm get a pass on my gravy train. As a member of society, we have a responsibility to each other to maintain the fabric od society, but the recognition of who is and who is not incapable is a slippery slope.

Morons like Octomom are a completely separate issue. If a gal has a second child on welfare, it's time for sterilization. Seriously! I know, I know. It's about the children.

Duomom or Octomom both have a problem that really should not be encouraged. Encouraging morons to pursue behavior that's injurious to her family and to society at large is about the children, too.

Pycho guy who likes to drink and get tattoos and sleep late and look scary is good at those things. That line of work doesn't pay much, but it's the career he's chosen. Good for him.

The guy who feels bad because his boss didn't tell him daily that he's the best employee just quit because he doesn't need to take that kind of stuff. Do I need to buy his ticket, too?

I need stuff. When I recognize this, I work to find a way to get it. Needing stuff does not entitle me to take it from you. It entitles me to find a way to pay for it. Drawing breath is the proof that I am capable, not the proof that I am deserving.

I agree with some of your premise, but not many of your solutions. I find it ironic that the conservatives are the first to label someone a 'welfare queens' but they oppose sex education, making condoms & other preventative devises available, yet they 'claim' they are pro life. It doesn't pass the smell test.

It is also ironic that since our founding, the term "entitlement" referred to aristocrats. Aristocrats had titles, and they thought that they were thereby entitled to various things, particularly the deference of the common people. But conservative rhetors have been working at remapping of language over the last 20 years.

It is also ironic that since our founding, the term "entitlement" referred to aristocrats. Aristocrats had titles, and they thought that they were thereby entitled to various things, particularly the deference of the common people. But conservative rhetors have been working at remapping of language over the last 20 years.

What a bunch of whiny crap.

What a bunch of whiny crap.

The reply of the obtuse...

Language: A Key Mechanism of Control

Newt Gingrich's 1996 GOPAC memo

You name for the day: Frank Luntz

It's still whiny crap. The link you provided is irrelevant to your post.

Forum List

Back