Why are guns so important to Americans?

Isn't it cool how I live in a country where none of my friends or family have ever been robbed, assaulted, shot or murdered, and none of us have guns. Nor do we live in fear of what might happen. Must be the polite society we live in..:D

Well we have something in common. Well except for haveing probably 100 guns within a square mile of where I grew up.

Heck, when I was growing up, we even brought guns to school. :eek::eek:

Nobody ever became a victim of "gun violence". No school massacres ever happened. Hell, at that point, one could buy guns through a magazine advertisement. :eek: All in all, I think that it's a demonstration as to how low society has fallen.

Isn't it cool how I live in a country where none of my friends or family have ever been robbed, assaulted, shot or murdered, and none of us have guns. Nor do we live in fear of what might happen. Must be the polite society we live in..:D

Your polite society on an island consisting of about 4 million people....right?

If someone were to murder , steal , etc....where would they go?? Swim away??

There is no comparison between your city sized country and the USA.....sorry.

Your polite society on an island consisting of about 4 million people....right?

If someone were to murder , steal , etc....where would they go?? Swim away??

There is no comparison between your city sized country and the USA.....sorry.

Who cares, dead is dead...you think people stop to think before they kill somebody, generally. "oh shit, I live on an island, I better not beat that dude to death!"
The country is the size of California and people do get away with murder here. There are still unsolved murders.

However, that is not my point. I'm just pointing out that an armed society is not necessarily a polite one..:razz:

My point is.....when you have the amount of people that exist in a large US city....scattered amongst a country the size of a large US state....there will be less crime.

When people are not in a close proximity to one another there will be less crime......add that to my Island theory and "yes" .....there is a difference.

Premeditated murder does exist...you know....some people do think about escape plans...alibi's...etc.

Apparently not. They don't even state how many kidnappings there are in the US, so one wonders what else they are missing out on..
Apparently so, since you bring nothing--but some fatuous implication that the statistic provided suggests that there were no kidnapping in the U.S.

Well why use such superfluous stats if it appears you do not believe in them yourself..
I beleive them as far as they go...which does not assert that there have been no kidnappings in the U.S., just that th UK is at the top of the list.

I certainly have refuted the kidnapping stats and if you honestly believe 1) that your stats are reputable (with no mention of the US in there) then 2) I have a bridge to sell you in Alaska..:lol::lol::lol:
Demonstrate that they are not reputable. Go on. Actually do it. I would suggest statisics that demonstrate that The Eighth United Nations Survey on Crime Trends and the Operations of Criminal Justice Systems (2002) (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Centre for International Crime Prevention) are wrong.

And see that part I bolded in your response. That you think they are FACTS, is half the problem..
Demonstrate that they are not fact. (This, I am certain, will be rich.)

Which means it had to have less than 2 in the whole year (whichever year it was, because your stat doesn't say - yet another chink in your armour). Again, if you think the US had less than 2 kidnappings in a year, you are delusional..:cool::cool:
I really do see your point, but why don't you then bring a better set of data to the table? I'll suggest that it's because you don't have one, or more likely, that nothing you can produce refutes the conclusion you oppose.

It demonstrates I am 11 times more likely to be killed in the US by a gun than I am in NZ. As I said, a polite society indeed...:cuckoo:
As if being killed, particularly killed with a gun, is the sole measure by which a society is regarded to be impolite. Rather, being at the top for rape victims, 2nd for total crimes, and 4th for assault victims paints a much less than polite picture for New Zealanders, than the gun related murder statisic does for Americans.

Perhaps if your rape and assault victims were armed, there's be fewer rapes and assaults in you country, perhaps a lower total crime rate--your murderers and rapists would be shot more often, certainly; but then again, no one considers rape and/or assault to be polite endeavors.

New Zealand: A society of violent bullies, and rapists, and their apologists--a polite society indeed.:clap2:

Forum List

Back