Why are Dems voting ObamaCare on Christmas Eve?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Is it really to give their Messiah a gift on Jesus's birthday? That's just so fucking sweet of all those soon to be former Congressmen and Senators.

Most likely because few people pay attention to teh News during the holidays and many regular news shows are in reruns or off during that time.

What is even more puzzling is why the U.S. Senate is voting on a bill titled H.R. 3509, huh Frank???????

Senate bills start with an S and House of representative bills start with H.R. unless of course we're talking 'bout ObamaCare then none of it matters because Dems don't read bills

What is even more puzzling is why the U.S. Senate is voting on a bill titled H.R. 3509, huh Frank???????

Senate bills start with an S and House of representative bills start with H.R. unless of course we're talking 'bout ObamaCare then none of it matters because Dems don't read bills

Flunked civics didn't you??????

Senate Calendar

Take a gander at the Senate calendar.
Appropriations bills (and some others) originate in the House and retain the H.R. title through the Senate.

C'mon - sling a few more insults at me about how ignorant I am.

BWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAAAAA

Senate Calendar

Appropriations bills (and some others) originate in the House and retain the H.R. title through the Senate.

I thought Harry Reid had a bill?

Senate Calendar

Hit the link - do some research.

THEN flap your gums with insults about someone being ignorant

Is it really to give their Messiah a gift on Jesus's birthday? That's just so fucking sweet of all those soon to be former Congressmen and Senators.

I think its to get it passed before the opinons of the people who will have to live under the legislation will be taken into account.
'
Another way of saying that is "They want to pass it before the 2010 election season begins becasue those who want to pass it know the majority of americans are against it and will bring irresistable pressure on their democrat representatives to vote against it"

Because they know people are celebrating with their friends and families, going to Church, preparing for the next day (if they don't celebrate on the 24th), doing last-minute shopping, etc.

It's perfect to play on a "sleeping" (aka not paying attention a lot or at all) people. VERY SMART move in Congress!

Last edited:

Senate Calendar

Hit the link - do some research.

THEN flap your gums with insults about someone being ignorant

Like I said, Senate votes on their bills, which have an S. and the House votes on their bills which have H.R.

http://help.senate.gov/BAI09A84_xml.pdf

111TH CONGRESS
1ST SESSION S. ll
To make quality, affordable health care available to all Americans, reduce
costs, improve health care quality, enhance disease...

Oopsies, Senate Bill has an S.

LOL - hit the calendar - there are some amendments that carry an S - the BILL is H.R. 3590.

Or remain blissfully ignorant deluding yourself that it is EVERYONE ELSE who is ignorant. Your choice. I couldn't care any less - but you look very foolish among those who do know.

here lemme help ya. From the Senate calendar:
"At 9:45am, the Senate will resume consideration of H.R.3590, Health Care Reform, with the time until 10:00am equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders or their designees. At 10:00am the Senate will proceed to alternating blocks of time until 2:00pm, with the Majority controlling the first hour. The time from 2:00pm and until 2:13pm will be equally divided and controlled between the two Leaders, with the Majority Leader controlling the final half. "

Tomorrow's Senate Calendar:

8am Roll Call Votes:
- Passage of HR3590, as amended
- Passage of HR4314, government operations (60 vote threshold)

A deal ain't done till the deal is done. I think it could still fall apart. I think there is a very fragile coalition.

Last edited:

8am Roll Call Votes:

A deal ain't done till the deal is done. I think it could still fall apart. I think there is a very fragile coalition.

Come on Republicans..

Show America you are more than the "party of NO"

Give America the healthcare they deserve

Right Winger, can you cut us some slack on your dumb observations? The Republicans do not have one damn thing to do with this healthcare legislation. This is a Democrat show from top to bottom, and they have reaped the rewards of drug and health insurance lobbying cash.

Be happy, you have a corrupt bill that does little for actual reform except cost you money. Congratulations, party on.

8am Roll Call Votes:

Come on Republicans..

I don't think there is a Republican that has actually read the first word of the bill. They gripe and whine a lot but NEVER mention anything specific that is actually IN the bill.

"communism, deficit buster, socialized medicine, death panel, get ready to wait for care, ....."

Just a bunch of empty rhetoric from a bunch of empty heads. I wish to God we HAD a real public conversation about what is actually in the bill. But all the GOP could do is the whole bumper sticker thing. If it sucks - it sucks in large part because there was no real debate. The Democrats didn't have to because they have the votes - the Republicans didn't because they just drool and say, "no."

8am Roll Call Votes:

Come on Republicans..

The republicans are trying but the democrats keep tryng to force this version of the health care bill on everyone and they have the power to do so.

This bill will hurt us all but enrich the insurance companies in a way not seen since $4.00/gallon gasoline.

Forum List

Back