Why a profit first philosophy is bad for the world

If they wanted to end the possibility of people being harmed they would have acted differently.

The Tepco guy says himself that they didnt want to pump in seawater because it would ruin the reactor.

They had a earthquake of mega porportions and KNEW huge after shocks would be coming soon.

If they had worried about people instead of Maybe trying to save a moneymaker then they would have done the right thing and contain it without a doubt.

like the man said , they tried to save money and ended up losing more.

What would they have done? Pour a bunch of seawater on a reactor, which would have caused, as it did, radioactive runoff into the ocean, contaminating the food chain and possibly killing more people?

You should take your degree and demand your money back, it has done you no good whatever.

Just out of curiosity, Do Nuclear Power Plants have insurance that covers situations like this....?

Interesting question as it encompasses a great deal of the discussion. In the end it the government - we the people - who support these projects with guaranteed low interest loans, and then with our tax dollars for infrastructure and finally safe electric.

I wonder if you can get personal or family insurance if you live near one? And how that would work. Think of all the ads for mesothelioma on TV. I ride my bike by Limerick often, and am amazed how things have changed due to a safe record. Downwind was never valuable property but that changed as people forgot Three Mile Island in Pennsylvania.

But people run these things, and people make the decisions and decide next steps, so anyone who knows people knows how complicated that can be. ;)

NRC: Fact Sheet on Nuclear Insurance and Disaster Relief Funds

American Nuclear Insurers - Home

Last edited:
EnviroMarxists so love human life they will shut down western civilization to protect it

Your predictions have been made before and did not turn out as such.

The same stupid thing was said by the wealthy business owners in the 1900s after regulations to keep firetraps from killing workers were put in place

Forum List

Back