Who's Got One?

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
This is only going to be pertinent to a select group of people, but who else has one of these?

shellback01.jpg

Getting close to 40 years and I still have this thing. This is the card. I have no idea where the certificate is.

Anyone else have one of these?

..it's a ShellBack certificate --for crossing the Equator at Sea --it says it right there
......when we crossed it, they throw rotten food at you, make you crawl on the deck, etc etc ....all kinds of stupid shit......I wasn't letting anyone treat me like that --like a college idiot
...so the Lt gave me a bad mark in my record for not participating - bastard !!!! stupid shit

It's like a jingle but made of paper ? 40 years aint bad. I still have a title to a 1971 Chevelle SS I totalled.
Damn good paper !

..it's a ShellBack certificate --for crossing the Equator at Sea --it says it right there

Right.

Nowhere do I ask if anyone knows what it is...

......when we crossed it, they throw rotten food at you, make you crawl on the deck, etc etc ....all kinds of stupid shit......I wasn't letting anyone treat me like that --like a college idiot
...so the Lt gave me a bad mark in my record for not participating - bastard !!!! stupid shit

You not participating shouldn't have been reflected in an eval.

The guys who didn't participate got to stand watch for that entire day...

Canon Shooter this is your OP
''''''''I have no idea where the certificate is.'''''''''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canon Shooter this is your OP
''''''''I have no idea where the certificate is.'''''''''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I don't.

What's pictured is a photo of the card I carried in my wallet.

Read the sentence right before "I have no idea where the certificate is."

It's like a jingle but made of paper ? 40 years aint bad. I still have a title to a 1971 Chevelle SS I totalled.
Damn good paper !

I still have the original sales receipt for the 1965 Plymouth Belvedere II my Dad bought, brand new, from a dealer in Huntington, New York...

USMC ......crossed in 88' and 89' on the LSTs '...total on 3 classes of ships......Med cruise with the USS Inchon 87'........USS Nassau off Colombia when the POTUS went there 90'...green dots represent liberty...red = exercises...I think I did not mark all of the places I've been
South America 2 times
2.jpg
1.jpg

USMC ......crossed in 88' and 89' on the LSTs '...total on 3 classes of ships......Med cruise with the USS Inchon 87'........USS Nassau off Colombia when the POTUS went there 90'...green dots represent liberty...red = exercises...I think I did not mark all of the places I've been
South America 2 times
View attachment 529899View attachment 529900

Were you primarily an east coast sailor?

I went through the Panama Canal twice, but never around the Horn. That would've been cool...

Forum List

Back