Who's buying What today?

I admire the grit of you people playing the market, right now, I really do.

My hope for those of you who are buying now, and planning on holding those stocks for the long haul, is that you all make your fortunes.

On a bright note, and with the hopes of giving you some courage, a whole lot of the sellers now, are, I am informed, are people selling stocks who don't really want to, but who must just to cover margin calls.

Between those sellers, and the people selling because they just cannot stand any more bad news, I expect that there are some real bargains out there for the buy 'em and hold 'em crowd.

Good luck.

Lots of day traders on here. I don't think I've owned a stock or mutual fund LESS than two years....except one penny stock 15 years ago....it went from pennies to nothing, just disappeared in three months....

I buy about once a month, every month, mutual funds, not individual issues. I merely increase or decrease the rate. I almost never sell anything for cash, just reallocate the mix once a year or so. I'm not a "trader", I'm an investor. The two are vastly different.

Over 28 years of investing as of today, my average rate of return has been a little less than 11%. And that is AFTER seeing a 40% plunge in the DOW from it's record. That;s better than anything invested in gold, currency, oil, bonds or any other nutty vehicle we've seen touted here.

Lots of day traders on here. I don't think I've owned a stock or mutual fund LESS than two years....except one penny stock 15 years ago....it went from pennies to nothing, just disappeared in three months....

I buy about once a month, every month, mutual funds, not individual issues. I merely increase or decrease the rate. I almost never sell anything for cash, just reallocate the mix once a year or so. I'm not a "trader", I'm an investor. The two are vastly different.

Over 28 years of investing as of today, my average rate of return has been a little less than 11%. And that is AFTER seeing a 40% plunge in the DOW from it's record. That;s better than anything invested in gold, currency, oil, bonds or any other nutty vehicle we've seen touted here.

I am, believe it or not, happy to hear that, Zoom.

My world depends on your world working, too.

That's really the nature of civilization, contrary to what our resident social darwinists would have you believe.

Whil;e competition is one aspect of our society, and a useful one at that, civilization depends on cooperation to really thrive.

If enough people are vested into that civilization, in other words if enough people are content with their lot, then civilization functions.

When the tipping point is reached that not enough people are content with their lot, then civilization becomes less civil.

A tour of any large city in the USA, one including the very well off neighborhoods and those which are not, is all the evidence I need to understand the effect of what happens when not enough people are wealthy enough to make it.

You want to know what gangbanging really is?

It's the harbinger of the collapse of a formerly civil society.

IBM and Google both reported Q3 financials and hit/exceeded their estimates today, after the bell. If LIBOR continues on a downtrend tomorrow we should see a decent rally – barring overwhelmingly bad news, IE: Housing Starts/Building Permits report at 8:30AM EST. If the economic reports aren’t too bad it should be a good day to make some money. Get in, get out, make CASH.

Good luck.

Forum List

Back