Who's buying What today?

NOBama

Sep 23, 2008
Politics aside is anybody buying into today's rally? If so, what sectors and how long are you planning to hold?

Personally, I'm still flipping but, I went long in HCBK and BAC this morning. Also, I couldn't resist shorting SKF in AH, Friday.

Politics aside is anybody buying into today's rally? If so, what sectors and how long are you planning to hold?

Personally, I'm still flipping but, I went long in HCBK and BAC this morning. Also, I couldn't resist shorting SKF in AH, Friday.

I bought 2000 shares of MS (Moran Stanley) at 12:30 on Friday when it was around $7/share. I knew the government wouldn't let the deal between MS and Mitsubishi collapse. The deal with Mitsubishi went through and today's high was around $16 so far. I'm happy.

To pay for it, I unloaded all of my gold, which is down today.

I think financials and oil are good today. Tomorrow the government will announce yet another rescue package...

I bought 2000 shares of MS (Moran Stanley) at 12:30 on Friday when it was around $7/share. I knew the government wouldn't let the deal between MS and Mitsubishi collapse. The deal with Mitsubishi went through and today's high was around $16 so far. I'm happy.

To pay for it, I unloaded all of my gold, which is down today.

I think financials and oil are good today. Tomorrow the government will announce yet another rescue package...

Aren't you the same guy I was just talking to in the other thread about capital gains tax? So tell me, will you be spending your capital gains on helping Morgan Stanley do business or will you be spending it on your own needs?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...about-obamas-small-business-tax-increase.html

Last edited:
heres the plan Buy low sell high.

The market is low and in 5 years it will be high again

I've been gaming on the price of # 2 heating oil, but sadly, the tank is near empty so I may have to go long on it despite my theory that it's a still a short play.

I'm so old I can remember when people just bought home heating oil when they needed it.

Times change, eh?

Aren't you the same guy I was just talking to in the other thread about capital gains tax? So tell me, will you be spending your capital gains on helping Morgan Stanley do business or will you be spending it on your own needs?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...about-obamas-small-business-tax-increase.html

Obama will raise capital gains tax on income of $250,000 or greater. Believe me, this transaction has not made me $250,000. If it did, I would be more than happy to pay a higher tax.

I'm so old I can remember when people just bought home heating oil when they needed it.

Times change, eh?

I remember when (we lived in ME) we used to have the oil man on a schedule. He'd come twice a month from Nov - Feb.

I admire the grit of you people playing the market, right now, I really do.

My hope for those of you who are buying now, and planning on holding those stocks for the long haul, is that you all make your fortunes.

On a bright note, and with the hopes of giving you some courage, a whole lot of the sellers now, are, I am informed, are people selling stocks who don't really want to, but who must just to cover margin calls.

Between those sellers, and the people selling because they just cannot stand any more bad news, I expect that there are some real bargains out there for the buy 'em and hold 'em crowd.

Good luck.

I admire the grit of you people playing the market, right now, I really do.

My hope for those of you who are buying now, and planning on holding those stocks for the long haul, is that you all make your fortunes.

On a bright note, and with the hopes of giving you some courage, a whole lot of the sellers now, are, I am informed, are people selling stocks who don't really want to, but who must just to cover margin calls.

Between those sellers, and the people selling because they just cannot stand any more bad news, I expect that there are some real bargains out there for the buy 'em and hold 'em crowd.

Good luck.

I'm keeping my shares of MS and seeing what transpires tomorrow. So far, I've made $22,000 off of my 2000 shares!

The truth about Hussein's tax increase on small business is that it will make them smaller, that it will decrease employment, thus reduce the tax base, thus reduce the revenue flowing into the treasury... as it always has and as it always must.

The truth about Hussein's tax increase on small business is that it will make them smaller, that it will decrease employment, thus reduce the tax base, thus reduce the revenue flowing into the treasury... as it always has and as it always must.

I'm an owner of a small business and I've studied Obama's plan carefully. I am responsible for the employment of a great deal of people and their livelyhoods, so I do not take this lightly.

Please, I'm all ears. Tell me how Obama will make my business smaller.

I'm an owner of a small business and I've studied Obama's plan carefully. I am responsible for the employment of a great deal of people and their livelyhoods, so I do not take this lightly.

Please, I'm all ears. Tell me how Obama will make my business smaller.

Oh you don't understand his logic, DavidS?

It's not easy to intuit if you're someone plagued with a logical mind, so let me try to explain Publie's line of thinking for you, shall you?

You see..

Obama is a secret Moslem. Ergo, your business will get smaller.

Hey, what can I say?

Fear-based dislogic doen't have to make sense, it just has to appeal to your baser prejudices.

Glad you folks were able to keep politics out of this thread. Actually I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did before somebody hijacked it.

If I were a long range buyer I'd be investing in the current and next generation of technologies.

Most current technologies are flush with cash, and therefore aren't hurting with the liquidity crises

The newer technologies (like bio tech and materials research) still need investment capital, but I think that the smart money will find those techs because in the longer run, that's where the next big businesses are going to blossom.l

Were I of the investor class, I'd also have about half my money into bread and butter stocks for the shorter run, if I could indentify those companies which have sound balance sheets, strong sales to broad markets and no easily identifibale flaws in their business model.

I'd be generally investing with the assumptions that the US government is going to continue to go bankrupt, that the American middle class is going to continue to shrink, but that middle classes in places like China and India are going to continue to prosper.

If I was in the investor class, I'd asume that we're not going to solve the energy crises in the near term, and assume that natural gas and industries suurrounding that industry have medium term legs.

How's that, NO?

Market oriented enough for you?

If I were a day trader I confess I wouldn't know whether to shit or go blind today.

Went long EEV @ 91.+ Out @ 97.+

Off to the beach.

Have a great day :)

Forum List

Back