Who Should Really Be Running for President!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
9504790330_e429d491da_z-620x414.jpg

Guy makes more sense than any and all of the present candidates plus all the Pols currently in office.

Bernie Sanders or Mike Rowe. Which one really understands and wants to help the working class?

As stated, this describes student loans.

For the larger economy, it should read: We are borrowing money from kids who will never see it repaid to them.

In a twisted way, maybe this balances out...

Jobs. A big subject. So let me address that as one that has spent his life on the factory floor. At very good wages.

You see, today, as technology advances, any job that can be done by an unskilled worker, will be done much more cheaply by a machine. And we have to have people that can build, repair, and maintenance those machines. Millwrights, electricians, automation people. Right now, as the older people retire, we, and every other industry, is having problems replacing them.

You see, we have had this emphasis on college degrees, without considering what industry needs in the way of technical support. We need more technicians. People willing to get their hands dirty and spend long hours at physically hard labour and mentally challenging jobs. Many that complete a four year apprenticeship will see more money than those with a Masters in many fields. Because they are needed on a daily basis.

And someone that has worked as a skilled technician for a decade, can easily take the courses required for engineering, and become a crackerjack engineer, simply because he or she knows what is need where the machinery creates the product.

However, such jobs will never prepare one for the politics in DC. Therefore, my vote for President will go to the person I perceive as best able to master that enormous job. Regardless of party.

I've always liked Mike Rowe as he is leveled-head, thoughtful, and, intelligent. Not a match for either party I am afraid.

Jobs. A big subject. So let me address that as one that has spent his life on the factory floor. At very good wages.

You see, today, as technology advances, any job that can be done by an unskilled worker, will be done much more cheaply by a machine. And we have to have people that can build, repair, and maintenance those machines. Millwrights, electricians, automation people. Right now, as the older people retire, we, and every other industry, is having problems replacing them.

You see, we have had this emphasis on college degrees, without considering what industry needs in the way of technical support. We need more technicians. People willing to get their hands dirty and spend long hours at physically hard labour and mentally challenging jobs. Many that complete a four year apprenticeship will see more money than those with a Masters in many fields. Because they are needed on a daily basis.

And someone that has worked as a skilled technician for a decade, can easily take the courses required for engineering, and become a crackerjack engineer, simply because he or she knows what is need where the machinery creates the product.

This is why the Dems promise of a free college education for all is pure pandering BS.

I should really consider running for the office myself; if I were President I would cease all immigration into the Country and deport each and every illegal alien that resides within our borders right now. I would abolish Obamacare and revamp the entire medical care /insurance system rape-fest that has the backing of our politicians/investors. Aside from the medical issue, there are issues concerning the basic necessities in life, including but not limited to; housing, food, energy, education, etc. that need to be addressed. Those things which we all need to survive must not make the few wealthy and the masses suffer. If I were President, I would undertake the job for a salary of $150,000.00 and abolish all "perks". Additionally, I would see to it that all federal employees max out at the same figure. Said federal employees would have to fend for themselves medically and financially as far as retirement is concerned, in much the same manner as the private sector does. I'm sympathetic towards Bernie Sanders campaign, but even he isn't going far enough. There is more I could say, but it's time for a rebuttal to get things going.

Last edited:
I should really consider running for the office myself; if I were President I would cease all immigration into the Country and deport each and every illegal alien that resides within our borders right now. I would abolish Obamacare and revamp the entire medical care /insurance system rape-fest that has the backing of our politicians/investors. Aside from the medical issue, there are issues concerning the basic necessities in life, including but not limited to; housing, food, energy, education, etc. that need to be addressed. Those things which we all need to survive must not make the few wealthy and the masses suffer. If I were President, I would undertake the job for a salary of $150,000.00 and abolish all "perks". Additionally, I would see to it that all federal employees max out at the same figure. Said federal employees would have to fend for themselves medically and financially as far as retirement is concerned, in much the same manner as the private sector does. I'm sympathetic towards Bernie Sanders campaign, but even he isn't going far enough. There is more I could say, but it's time for a rebuttal to get things going.

You'd certainly get my vote!

Nice sentiments, but how do we get there? Regarding illegal aliens, I think we should/would have to treat each case individually. If any are going to be allowed to return, it would be more efficient/economical to let them stay in the first place. Failure to comply with mandatory registration and/or a criminal record would be grounds for immediate deportation, with subsequent return subject to immediate incarceration.

Regarding our health insurance system, it was fundamentally flawed to begin with and made more so by Obamacare. Medicare is even worse, with out-of-control costs that are unsustainable. At the very least, we need to consider subsidized health insurance (and other fringe benefits) as taxable income.

Regarding federal expenditures, they should all be frozen at current per capita levels until the budget is balanced. This would allow us to eventually grow and/or inflate our way out of our deficits. In the meantime, it would engender public support for getting to a balanced budget quicker by eliminating unnecessary and wasteful government programs.

Regarding illegal aliens, in my opinion, it's very simple; you're here illegally, you go back to the country you came from. Any hope that these individuals may have that we might let them stay here once they get here must be squashed.

Regarding our health insurance system; it must be regulated. Cost for services must be regulated. Premiums paid for coverage must be used for just that, not paid out as a return on an investment.

Regarding federal expenditures, to which I have yet to make a comment, I must say; the government pisses away so much money that there are those criminally responsible for the waste and they must be held accountable.

Last edited:
A big failure of the Obama administration is not bringing back vocational education to the public school system. Hopefully #Clinton2016 can make a big push in the first 100 days.

Hopefully, Hillary will become a footnote in history, known for her lying and deceitful ways.

Forum List

Back