Who Says There's No 'Justice'?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. According to an old saying, one can only find justice in the dictionary, or the cemetery.
Not so!

2. Remember the Occupy Wall Street dunce who wanted to confiscate the 'private property' of the apocryphal '1%'...but not his own iPad 2?
"OCCUPY WALL STREET GENIUS SAYS HE’S AGAINST “PRIVATE” PROPERTY, NOT “PERSONAL” PROPERTY"
Occupy Wall Street Genius Says He's Against "Private" Property, Not "Personal" Property | Human Events

So....reading this week's Village Voice, I came across another classic:

3. Here in NYC, some time ago, two hoodlum-defacers, Cost and Rev, became heroes to the anti-social Left by plastering their posters everywhere- everywhere except on their own property, of course.

4. "... graffiti artist who, from the early 1980s to the mid-1990s, blanketed New York City and the surrounding metropolitan area with his wheatpaste stickers, spray paint tags and paint-roller pieces. Cost, whose real name is Adam Cole, is perhaps most widely known for his collaboration with another New York graffiti artist, Revs."
Adam Cost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

5. So this marauder became so famous, his junk was fetching beaucoup bucks! See where this is going?
People began taking- stealing- his...'droppings'!

6. Now get this from the article about Cost:

"It's not cool," he says about the vandalism of his vandalism. "I understand people are fans, but it's detracting from my life's work. It's like locking up a wild animal in the zoo if you take my art that belongs in the street and put it in a frame on your wall." Shaking his head and pulling down on the brim of his hat, he seems by nature a bit skittish and unsure—an occupational hazard, no doubt. "I mean, I understand the demand for my stuff," he goes on, eyes darting from piece to piece in the gallery. "But eventually it's going to drive me into the gallery world full time . . . which isn't a bad thing, necessarily."
The Return of Cost: The Tag Machine is Back - - Art - New York - Village Voice

You can't make this stuff up!

Forum List

Back