Who is O'Malley's hidden God?

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by HaShev, Feb 2, 2016.

1. HaShev

HaShev Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,196
    The third Dem candidate stated Saturday
    “I believe the toughness of the fight is a way perhaps that the hidden God has a way of telling us we are actually fighting for something worth saving,”
    Who is this Hidden God?
    One of O'Malley's address drew on the lyrics of Christmas carols,
    principally “O ... into the night, to go to Bethlehem, and discover our hidden God who's in plain sight.''.

So this hidden God can't be a Judaic conception of an Essence of creation that is not a figure or form you would hide-non anthropromorphized.

The only reason Christians would sing or talk about a "hidden" God is if the identity of their god needs to be hidden from people figuring out that it's the forbidden Baal they are worshiping under the guise of his son (the morning star)mimicking his mythology. They are hidden from figuring out Baal is that father they never name (=hide).
    Thus Isaiah says it's the Moshiach who lifts that veil from over their eyes.
    Later in Isaiah 66:19 it's stated at the time of the temple procession the Gentiles will finally see the figuritive face of G0d, as in not knowing him before=Jesus wasn't God nor did they worship or know the Judaic precepts.

2. Disir

Disir Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,991
    Red light cameras.

3. shimon

shimon Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +325
    They are too busy..One can compare them to grasshoppers in the field that are only interestedin the here and now and consuming everything they get their hands on never thinking about the future...It is the ant that behaves in a manner of the olam ha ba in that it stores up food and works diligently for the future generations to come even though it has a short time to live...It never consumes everything it can get its hands on...All this is hidden from the grasshopper because it swarms from place to place in large groups flapping its wings and chewing its mouth wonder who is the " grasshopper" and who is the "ant"" .... Hmmmmm.......

4. hobelim

hobelim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,248
    Once again, you are mistaken.

Shlomo said, "ADONAI said he would live in thick darkness." 1 Kings 8:12

Clouds and thick darkness are all around him; 2 Chronicles 6:1

He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him. Psalm 18:11

And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies. 2 Samuel 22:12

Clouds and thick darkness surround Him; Psalm 97:2

5. Campbell

Campbell Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,194
    If there's anything we don't need today it's a bunch of holy roller horse shit!!! According to Mark's gospel these were Jesus' last words:

"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

[​IMG]

6. hobelim

hobelim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,248

When have you ever seen or heard a single word from God in your entire life?

Do you not have a mind of your own? what a spineless phony! Damn those Christians, yeah right, as if God doesn't remain hidden from you....

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  7. Disir

Disir Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,991
    I think you folks are putting much more thought into it then O'Malley or his speech writer did. His hidden god is or was the red light camera.

8. hobelim

hobelim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,248

Obviously that passage isn't about you.

your mind was filled with serpentine holy roller horse shit when you were a child and you still haven't recovered, even at 81 years old.

Perhaps you never will.

"As they watched, he was lifted up, and a cloud removed him from their sight."

"The kingdom of Heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it, buried it again."

9. Campbell

Campbell Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,194
    I was baptized before a congregation of nearly 1000 on a Sunday morning in the spring of 1957. I lived in the church and did the whole nine yards till I was over 60 years old. I never believed that horse shit.....not for a minute. After I retired I couldn't keep living a lie so I left the church and told all my family that I had never believed it. I think anybody who does believe it should schedule some sessions with a Shrink. What a major load of ridiculous horse shit. In time nobody will continue to worship ancient gods but until that time arrives all we can do is feel sorry for their brainwashed asses.

10. hobelim

hobelim Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,248

I commend you for what you eventually did by leaving the church and admitting that you never believed but, seriously, why after 60 years and not in grade school?

I agree that anyone who takes those stories literally and teaches others to do the same has to live in denial of reality to believe and could probably use some therapy but can't you see that in spite of ridiculous assertions made by such people that any intelligent person would reject out of hand, there lies deeper meaning and a hidden story conveyed through well known and widely used literary techniques?

How could you have missed such difficult to decipher metaphors such as talking serpents, angels and demons, the world above, etc., when the authors couldn't have been more obvious that there was deeper meanings hidden by using phrases like buried treasure, clouds of darkness, and speaking in strange tongues? Even when the main character comes right out and says in plain language that he had been using figures of speech, John 16:25 ?

How could anyone, believer or unbeliever, not go back and re-read everything after reading that?

Should I feel sorry for your brainwashed ass?