• Yes, anything can happen this election season

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No, I think Obama will beat McCain

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No, I think McCain will beat Obama

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It should also be noted that the NEW Congress will break a tie, not the sitting Congress. So if the Democrats capture all the seats they think they're going to, if there were a tie, Obama and Biden would have no problems.

I don't think Jefferson was elected by the House, all I read says Just Adams. By the way Adams had the lesser amount of Electoral votes then Jackson but being a member of Congress he was better known amongst those voting.

There was a tie in the electoral college, so the vote went to the House. I think it actually tied too, until someone changed their vote.

I don't think Jefferson was elected by the House, all I read says Just Adams. By the way Adams had the lesser amount of Electoral votes then Jackson but being a member of Congress he was better known amongst those voting.
I don't think there was a tie either with regards to Jefferson! I know it was 53% to 47% but I will check the electoral college!

Last edited:
How was I "somewhat right"? The electoral votes tied, and the House voted for the President. Which is precisely what I said.

I thought you meant between Jefferson and Adams. I reread and realized what you were saying. So you were 100% right!

Forum List

Back