• Yes, anything can happen this election season

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No, I think Obama will beat McCain

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No, I think McCain will beat Obama

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I expect Obama will carry over 300 electoral votes .. which surprisingly is what I predicted back when I was supporting him.

I expect Obama will carry over 300 electoral votes .. which surprisingly is what I predicted back when I was supporting him.

I think so too, but one never knows anymore. I did get out and vote this morning. Today we have the 'elections' at school. Going to be bonkers here.

I think so too, but one never knows anymore. I did get out and vote this morning. Today we have the 'elections' at school. Going to be bonkers here.

Good morning to you Kathianne .. glad you got voting done early.

I don't think this election can be stolen because it woin't be close .. and I think a bit of reverse-Bradley may actually occur. Some white who won't publicly say they suport Obama, may actually do so when they get behind the curtain.

If McCain wins it would be the biggest upset in American history .. bigger than Dewey.

That would make for a very interesting result. The House would vote Obama as President and the Senate would vote Palin as VP. Can you imagine that combination? The blind leading the blind.

Why do you think the Senate would vote Palin as VP? Hell, even McCain would probably vote Biden as VP at this point if it came down to that. :lol:

It will be interesting to see how the kids vote.

Election 2008: Obama Wins Scholastic News Election Poll | Scholastic.com

It's official. At least for the kids! The Scholastic Presidential Election Poll results are in: Democratic nominee Senator Barack Obama won with 57 percent of the vote, to 39 percent for Republican nominee Senator John McCain.

Since 1940, the results of the student vote have mirrored the outcome of the general election all but twice: In 1948, kids voted for Thomas E. Dewey over Harry S. Truman. In 1960, more students voted for Richard M. Nixon than for John F. Kennedy. In 2000, a majority of student voters chose George W. Bush, mirroring the Electoral College result, but not the result of the popular vote.

interesting!

That would make for a very interesting result. The House would vote Obama as President and the Senate would vote Palin as VP. Can you imagine that combination? The blind leading the blind.

:lol: in case you missed it both the House and Senate are controlled by Dems.

and :lol: at Jsanders comment about McCain... he's probably right

Last edited:
libermen would vote palin and that would make it go 50-50 and Cheny would put in the tie breaking vote for palin

libermen would vote palin and that would make it go 50-50 and Cheny would put in the tie breaking vote for palin

I think you're assuming that all 49 Republican Senators like Palin. You must not read the news.

What would be ironic is if Hillary voted Palin and caused the tie.

Oh...and I don't think Biden would be allowed to vote. Not sure though.

well, yeah thats assuming all the repubs vote for Palin, just going by party lines impossible to tell who will vote for hwo unless ithappened

I think you're assuming that all 49 Republican Senators like Palin. You must not read the news.

why wouldn't he be allowed to vote? he can vote for Obama and himself during the election.... he is a U.S. Senator therefore he'd get a vote.

Has there ever been a tie?

Yes he would. The Constitution gives EVERY Senator a vote. In the House there would only be 50 votes. Each State gets ONE vote. They have to decide amongst themselves by State who they will vote for.

If McCain wins it would be the biggest upset in American history .. bigger than Dewey.

Really? I feel strongly that Obama is going to win this election...but the polls have been fairly close throughout, with undecideds making up a fairly large amount of the voting numbers as well. If McCain and Obama have been running about 48-52...and undecideds have been about 6-9%....then how will a McCain victory be "the biggest upset ever" instead of just another surprising victory? What am I missing?

why wouldn't he be allowed to vote? he can vote for Obama and himself during the election.... he is a U.S. Senator therefore he'd get a vote.

Has there ever been a tie?

Twice, actually. Thomas Jefferson and John Q. Adams were both elected by the House of Representatives.

Really? I feel strongly that Obama is going to win this election...but the polls have been fairly close throughout, with undecideds making up a fairly large amount of the voting numbers as well. If McCain and Obama have been running about 48-52...and undecideds have been about 6-9%....then how will a McCain victory be "the biggest upset ever" instead of just another surprising victory? What am I missing?

I think it will be viewed as an "upset" because Obama is "favored" to win by the polls and the political environment.

Twice, actually. Thomas Jefferson and John Q. Adams were both elected by the House of Representatives.

I don't think Jefferson was elected by the House, all I read says Just Adams. By the way Adams had the lesser amount of Electoral votes then Jackson but being a member of Congress he was better known amongst those voting.

Forum List

Back