Who elects the President of the United States?

Ridgerunner

'Ole Wise One'
Apr 20, 2016
Honolulu, Hawaii
During my 40+ years of following politics I have always heard that partisan Democrats and Republicans only contribute to the election of their chosen candidate. In reality Independent voters actually elect politicians to office. Jimmy Carter was elected with the votes of Independents after 8 years of a Republican Administration in 1976. While the Carter admin was not all that successful in their 4 years according to history which lead to the 1980 election of Ronald Reagan. It was said that Independents and Blue Dog Democrats was the reason for the popular and electoral landslide for Reagan.

This theory seems to hold true in elections up till now. Its been said that Independent Voters are Socially moderate and Fiscally conservative.

Evaluating the last 7.5 years which way do you think Independents will cast their vote in Nov of 2016?

In U.S., New Record 43% Are Political Independents
1980 Presidential Election

During my 40+ years of following politics I have always heard that partisan Democrats and Republicans only contribute to the election of their chosen candidate. In reality Independent voters actually elect politicians to office. Jimmy Carter was elected with the votes of Independents after 8 years of a Republican Administration in 1976. While the Carter admin was not all that successful in their 4 years according to history which lead to the 1980 election of Ronald Reagan. It was said that Independents and Blue Dog Democrats was the reason for the popular and electoral landslide for Reagan.

This theory seems to hold true in elections up till now. Its been said that Independent Voters are Socially moderate and Fiscally conservative.

Evaluating the last 7.5 years which way do you think Independents will cast their vote in Nov of 2016?

Trump, because he's a moderate conservative. the independent party has never had a name.

Who elects the President of the United States?

The Ones That Elect ( elected ) The President Of The United States Post JFK: ( 1964 - present )

(1) Anti-America uneducated fools that swallow political rhetoric hook, line, and sinker
(2) Those that have no idea as to the intent, workings, and corruption of Washington politics
(3) Those fool enough to believe that professional politicians actually want to serve this country and her citizens
(4) Those that can't see and understand that professional politicians are self-serving egotistical liars
(5) Those that engage in party politics rather than doing what's best for this country and her citizens
(6) The ones too young to know and understand what's happened to this country since "The Washington Brotherhood" became an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself
(7) Voters that continue to do the same thing, yet expect a different result
(8) The voters that use the stupid lame excuse, "I voted for the lesser of the two or three evils"
(9) The voters content with watching this country sink to the bottom of the abyss of total social and economic ruin
(10) Those that continue to re-elect the very ones responsible for many of our social and economic woes

Higher number of independents suggest to me that more people are dissatisfied with either party. I just saw where Gary Johnson is polling 10%. With the high negatives of both major canidates you would think a 3rd party canidate could actually have a chance, but Gary Johnson is so unimpressive he makes John Kasich look strong and dynamic.

I have always felt that the people who elect the president at the margin are the LIV's (low information voters), those people who will vote in November but typically couldn't answer even the most basic questions regarding the canidates in July. They are the folks who watch the political ads to decide who their canidate is. SCARY

Forum List

Back