Who Are You Voting For & Why?

With all due respect to the Libertarian and other third party candidates, the next president will either be Romney or Obama. I'll probably vote for Obama, but his presidency has been very disappointing. It doesn't really matter either way. Obama has continued many of Bush's policies and Romney probably won't be much different either. So whoever wins, look for 4 more years of same old -same old. If any change is to be made, it will have to be from the house and senate races.

Okay so that's reasonable. So what are the policy positions or accomplishments that give Obama the edge with you?

1. Obama won't wipe out the social safety net.
2. Obama is not afraid to go after terrorists.
3. Obama is not eager to go to war with Iran.
4. Obama is not afraid to cut bloated defense budget.
5. Better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.

You specifically asked others to site reasons for their vote. Specific policy reasons. They gave you none so you suplemented your own for them. Then when CG offered some specifics with her answer you questioned her while respecting them. wtf dude?

Bollinar just said he's voting for Obama. I asked him about policy. So you wanna whine a bltch like a little girl all day or you wanna stop dodging a simple question and just tell us why you're voting for whomever? I'll bet it's the former.

I'm voting for Romney because he does not hate this country like the vile little insect does.

Yes, the responses of those weak on facts etc... was predicted in the OP:

"they start talking about the other guy"

If you wanna up your game, let us know something about Romney's policy positions that have captured your vote. Shouldn't be hard with Romney. No matter what your position, he agrees with you! ;)

I was referring to the first couple of posts and you know it. Your bias is blatent but Ill play along for a bit.

I will most likely vote for Romney for the following reasons:

He has a stellar career as a businessman.

He was governor of a democratic state yet had the ability to get things done with the opposition.

He will take on China and our unfair trade practices.

He will repeal Obamacare if it still exists.

He will remove many of the unnecessary regulations that restrict business growth

He will reign in the EPA

He will approve Keystone

He will not continue to sue states and will stop all current litigation

He will try to bring tax reform to the forefront

He will bomb the shit out of Iran if necessary to stop them from going nuclear

He will mend our relations with allie countries

the list goes on

Okay I disagree with you but respect that you posted positions instead of the usual "He's not Obama". Well done. BTW, several of the reasons you would vote for him are exactly the reasons I won't. But I still respect that you are voting on positions.

Okay so that's reasonable. So what are the policy positions or accomplishments that give Obama the edge with you?

So you do anything but listen to Democrat Talking points?

Romney will not "Wipe out the Safety net.
No reason at all to think Romney would not go after Terrorists.
Obama is Afraid of Iran, Romney is not.
Romney is not afraid to tackle Entitlement Reform, Which Massively Out weighs Defense in spending.

In this Case, I rather take a chance that the Devil I don't know, is better than the one we do know, Because he is pretty fucking bad.

I believe that Borillar was referring to accomplishments as asked for, when talking about terrorists. Obama has indeed accomplished much on tht front.
Iran? Well at least you are discussing positions now. I'm not big on another war in the ME. Especially with the richest, best equipped and largest army in the region. You really want a nuclear war? A 20 year, bankrupting land war? Okay dokey.
There is only three areas of spending that make a big difference: Medicare, Social Security and Defense.
What exactly do you think Romney is going to do to reduce Medicare / SSI by say, $100B a year or more?
What is his stated position about them?

Romney. Because he's strongest on the economic issues. Because he's got a record of bi-partisan working. Because he's smart. Because he's got a great business background. And... because he's not Obama.
Good.

And his policies are pretty much out in the open on his website on his issues page.

I'm voting for him because he will end the budgetary and spending chaos of Barack Obama.

Some people will not like the belt-tightening nor the "funds must be available before more spending is voted" approach Mitt Romney will use.

All the rest of that stuff about his religion, his personal opinions on marriage and unborn children rights are miniscule next to the country's fiscal health.

We have to have fiscal health. That's all there is to it. Barack Obama isn't going to lift a finger to pass a budget that will restrict him from spending like a drunken sailor, and I won't miss that part of him that ignores using what you have well to make ends meet.

He has failed to be a President, because that's their job. Ensuring domestic tranquillity. You can't have domestic tranquillity by pretending a future generation doesn't exist, but they do exist, and they do not deserve to be born into a world where each of them already owes $100,000 to the federal government and growing as they grow.

The trouble with ignoring the fiscal health of the nation is that while you may feel all hopey-changey for a little while, but you will wind up serving foreign countries and their dictates instead of the United States Constitution, which allows personal freedoms.

That is a fact of life. We're free because we have had past Presidents who worked WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. Obama is so arrogant he doesn't feel that is necessary, so he gets up and starts blaming everybody else when his failure to pass a budget that accommodates means he is furnished by the US Treasury.

Records show that Obama called the US Treasury up and told them to hustle money to Solyndra for his supporters, when every single piece of fiscal knowledge told objective people Solyndra most likely couldn't be salvaged. Obama knew it too, he was just sparing his contributors $535 million dollars with a guaranteed fed loan because they anted up a few thousand dollars for his election. What a nice little quid-pro-quo gift to a campaign donor. </sardonic>

Would he do that for a business making a profit who supported someone else?

The writing is on the wall: Obama has done all he can do to punish states who did not support him in 2008. He destroyed all drilling in the gulf with a Presidential Order, not a law, in the most anti-business act ever committed by a US President.

Obama sucks.

Somebody sew him a suit of mail so he doesn't get skid burns when he is thrown out of office by angry voters who are sick and tired of his little "it's all THEIR fault" house-of-cards platform.

So you do anything but listen to Democrat Talking points?

Romney will not "Wipe out the Safety net.
No reason at all to think Romney would not go after Terrorists.
Obama is Afraid of Iran, Romney is not.
Romney is not afraid to tackle Entitlement Reform, Which Massively Out weighs Defense in spending.

In this Case, I rather take a chance that the Devil I don't know, is better than the one we do know, Because he is pretty fucking bad.

No more so than you repeating Republican talking points.

Any republican worth his salt will try to chip away at the social safety net. It's in their DNA.

Maybe, maybe not. He criticized Obama for saying he would go after Bin Laden in Pakistan when Obama was campaigning for President.

Don't need another war. If Israel is threatened, they can take care of themselves. They have an estimated 200 nukes and a very able military. If Iran tries any shit, we can take care of them too. But we don't need to instigate anything with them.

Yeah, I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to cut social programs if it meant a couple bucks more for himself and his rich buddies. Defense spending is the most pork laden stuff there is. Politicians keep programs alive that even the military doesn't want and which don't work. Even if we cut it in half, we would still be outspending most of the combined military budgets of the rest of the world.

Go ahead and vote Romney if he trips your trigger. Like I said earlier, probably won't make much difference either way.

He was governor of a democratic state yet had the ability to get things done with the opposition.

He will remove many of the unnecessary regulations that restrict business growth

He will reign in the EPA

He will approve Keystone

the list goes on

Could not have said it better :)

Johnson voters are just too chicken shit to say they're voting for obama,, but that's what it boils down to.

I'm not voting for Obama. I'm voting for Gary Johnson. I'm voting my conscience. I'm voting for the candidate who best represents my beliefs.

I have always maintained that if all the people who complained that they were sick and tired of the two party system actually voted their conscience and went with a third party candidate who actually stood for something, the political system in this country would be turned upside down.

Instead, people more often than not choose to vote for the guy they think has the best chance of winning just so they can say "Hey! Look! I picked the winner!"

This is our country we are talking about, not the NCAA Final Four.

After becoming familiar with Gary Johnson's positions and views, I could no more vote for him than Ron Paul. Paul was a right leaning libertarian. Johnson is a left leaning libertarian. The most important attribute of both is legalization of drugs. If it weren't for that, neither one would get a half percent of the vote.

Johnson was the Republican governor of New Mexico. He was well respected by both parties in a predominantly Democrat state.

Protest vote are a waste,We have two bad choices to pick from,I would vote for Obamma if I was assured the house would not change and Reid would be out as leader of the Senate.

But no crystal ball so its most likely Romney.

Not a protest vote, see above...

The cruel facts are that JOhnson doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell so voting for him is a vote for obama.. deal with it.

Not so long as people are afraid to vote their conscience...

You almost had me up to this point, Definite deal breaker.
Last thing this country needs is another war, especially one that would cause gas to jump to $8.00 a gallon or more. It would bankrupt this country.

Johnson voters are just too chicken shit to say they're voting for obama,, but that's what it boils down to.

Nope.. On election night -- if you look REALLL closely, you'll see my vote (Gary Johnson (L) -- 3% )gets applied correctly.. Doesn't go under Obama's name. Election morning -- about 50% are losers.. Face it..

As for KatznDogs -- Why are you so defensive? You think the herd should all fall in line? My guess is the herd has lost it's sense of self-preservation and will follow the DEM-REPS right over yonder cliff..

The cruel facts are that JOhnson doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell so voting for him is a vote for obama.. deal with it.

no its not, but this isnt the first time you've been wrong.

You specifically asked others to site reasons for their vote. Specific policy reasons. They gave you none so you suplemented your own for them. Then when CG offered some specifics with her answer you questioned her while respecting them. wtf dude?

Bollinar just said he's voting for Obama. I asked him about policy. So you wanna whine a bltch like a little girl all day or you wanna stop dodging a simple question and just tell us why you're voting for whomever? I'll bet it's the former.

I'm voting for Romney because he does not hate this country like the vile little insect does.

If you wanna up your game, let us know something about Romney's policy positions that have captured your vote. Shouldn't be hard with Romney. No matter what your position, he agrees with you! ;)

I was referring to the first couple of posts and you know it. Your bias is blatent but Ill play along for a bit.

debatable

not really outside of forcing people to have healthcare.

no he wont

no he wont and even stated he will only replace certain aspects if scotus doesnt repeal it.
He will remove many of the unnecessary regulations that restrict business growth.
doubt it

He will reign in the EPA
he might change a few things
He will approve Keystone
You mean the one that will be anyways in the future?

HA!
Only for the same people Obama would have.
Wonderful more meaningless prick wagging, But no he wont touch Iran.
Uh huh...
the list goes on

It really doesn't.

Laughable at best

Romney. Because he's strongest on the economic issues. Because he's got a record of bi-partisan working. Because he's smart. Because he's got a great business background. And... because he's not Obama.
Good.

And his policies are pretty much out in the open on his website on his issues page.

I'm voting for him because he will end the budgetary and spending chaos of Barack Obama.

Some people will not like the belt-tightening nor the "funds must be available before more spending is voted" approach Mitt Romney will use.

All the rest of that stuff about his religion, his personal opinions on marriage and unborn children rights are miniscule next to the country's fiscal health.

We have to have fiscal health. That's all there is to it. Barack Obama isn't going to lift a finger to pass a budget that will restrict him from spending like a drunken sailor, and I won't miss that part of him that ignores using what you have well to make ends meet.

He has failed to be a President, because that's their job. Ensuring domestic tranquillity. You can't have domestic tranquillity by pretending a future generation doesn't exist, but they do exist, and they do not deserve to be born into a world where each of them already owes $100,000 to the federal government and growing as they grow.

The trouble with ignoring the fiscal health of the nation is that while you may feel all hopey-changey for a little while, but you will wind up serving foreign countries and their dictates instead of the United States Constitution, which allows personal freedoms.

That is a fact of life. We're free because we have had past Presidents who worked WITH THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. Obama is so arrogant he doesn't feel that is necessary, so he gets up and starts blaming everybody else when his failure to pass a budget that accommodates means he is furnished by the US Treasury.

Records show that Obama called the US Treasury up and told them to hustle money to Solyndra for his supporters, when every single piece of fiscal knowledge told objective people Solyndra most likely couldn't be salvaged. Obama knew it too, he was just sparing his contributors $535 million dollars with a guaranteed fed loan because they anted up a few thousand dollars for his election. What a nice little quid-pro-quo gift to a campaign donor. </sardonic>

Would he do that for a business making a profit who supported someone else?

The writing is on the wall: Obama has done all he can do to punish states who did not support him in 2008. He destroyed all drilling in the gulf with a Presidential Order, not a law, in the most anti-business act ever committed by a US President.

Obama sucks.

Somebody sew him a suit of mail so he doesn't get skid burns when he is thrown out of office by angry voters who are sick and tired of his little "it's all THEIR fault" house-of-cards platform.

its amazing just how ignorant you really are.

debatable

no he wont

no he wont and even stated he will only replace certain aspects if scotus doesnt repeal it.
He will remove many of the unnecessary regulations that restrict business growth.
doubt it

He will reign in the EPA
He will approve Keystone

HA!
Uh huh...
the list goes on

It really doesn't.

Laughable at best

Your responses did illicit a bit of a laugh. Time will tell

I'm not enthralled with either choice and I won't waste my vote with a third party candidate I learned my lesson after doing that with Ross Perot.I might have missed it but did the OP ever tell us who they are voting for and why?

Protest vote are a waste,We have two bad choices to pick from,I would vote for Obamma if I was assured the house would not change and Reid would be out as leader of the Senate.

But no crystal ball so its most likely Romney.

whats a protest vote?.....if your talking third party,why is it a wasted vote?.....voting for the same assholes or party every election and then complaining about what they did or did not do afterwards seems to me like THOSE people wasted their vote....just sayin....

Nope.. On election night -- if you look REALLL closely, you'll see my vote (Gary Johnson (L) -- 3% )gets applied correctly.. Doesn't go under Obama's name. Election morning -- about 50% are losers.. Face it..

As for KatznDogs -- Why are you so defensive? You think the herd should all fall in line? My guess is the herd has lost it's sense of self-preservation and will follow the DEM-REPS right over yonder cliff..

So let's see if we can get this straight. A vote for Obama is, naturally, a vote for Obama, a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Obama, and a vote for Mitt Romney is a vote for Obama.

Sounds like Obama has this one in the bag.

one thing i know for sure.....if i vote for Rufus T.Firefly....that's a vote for Rufus T.Firefly.....no one else.....

So let's see if we can get this straight. A vote for Obama is, naturally, a vote for Obama, a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Obama, and a vote for Mitt Romney is a vote for Obama.

one thing i know for sure.....if i vote for Rufus T.Firefly....that's a vote for Rufus T.Firefly.....no one else.....

Is Rufus running this cycle?

debatable

no he wont

doubt it

He will reign in the EPA
He will approve Keystone

HA!
Uh huh...
the list goes on

It really doesn't.

Laughable at best

Your responses did illicit a bit of a laugh. Time will tell

the idea Mittens will be much different from Obama is laughable.

You might think so, but if it walks, quacks, and acts like a duck, then it's a vote for Obama.

Is Rufus running this cycle?

only if he can get Ciccolini to be his VP....

You might think so, but if it walks, quacks, and acts like a duck, then it's a vote for Obama.

sorry dude...i dont vote for the same tired old shit.....if you want change,then YOU are going to have to do the changing.....the Democrats and Republicans sure as hell are not.....you think Mitt is going to do what he says he is?......

You almost had me up to this point, Definite deal breaker.
Last thing this country needs is another war, especially one that would cause gas to jump to $8.00 a gallon or more. It would bankrupt this country.

Yea, it's a much better idea to let one of the world's most whackjob nations get nukes - because we don't 'need' another war. There are other ways to stop Iran without going to war. Romney will do what is necessary - and I believe Obama would too. Neither of them are that stupid. Apparently, you may well be that stupid.

Forum List

Back