Who are the cowards?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by janeeng, Oct 9, 2003.

1. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Another great letter, probably old, but I found it funny! this Yamin Zakaria, is a joke!

The recent martyrdom operation, led the White House condemning it as an act of “cowardice”. A coward is the one who runs way from the battlefield in fear of his life, rather then sacrificing himself. Such sacrifice is the exact opposite of cowardice. Perhaps the White House assess “cowardice” by referring to the actions of its own chicken hawks that have avoided the various drafts for the past wars. Then calling for war against defenceless nations, demonstrating their bravado whilst insulated in their bunkers!

Donald Rumsfeld congratulating his armed forces to hide their disgrace, who are nothing but cowards. They resorted to flattening an area with high altitude bombings (B52), and Cruise missiles, with total disregard for civilian casualties. Now that their soldiers are shooting unarmed civilians, are these the examples of bravery the White House is referring to? Surely this is the height of cowardice! Similarly the betrayal from the Iraqi Bath party or its republican elite forces seems to be emerging through the “fog of war”. If they did not have the courage or intention to fight the invaders, then why the charade? Why the defenceless civilians were allowed to face the most well equipped army in the world? Would it not have been better to simply let Saddam along with his Bath party to go into exile, which surely would have prevented the carnage!

It is the ordinary Iraqi civilians that have been the real brave souls in this war. Their courageous defiance to resist the occupiers and outright rejection of the degenerate Jerry-Springer culture has been the real source of humiliation for these neo-Mongol invaders. Failure of the Bathist ideology and Arab nationalism is self-evident and there is a growing power vacuum in the Iraq, not in terms of whom but what will govern her.

Yamin Zakaria

2. Man of 1951

Man of 1951 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    how do you find this a joke?

3. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Never said the post was a joke, said the guy that wrote it is - if you go and read some of his so called letters, you might say the same thing. I happen to have sided with Bush and the war, and I think that some of the letters on the issue on how Bush is the coward and the US is a complete Joke in itself!

4. Man of 1951

Man of 1951 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I've read some of his articles, and I would say they are pretty good. His topic of who's a coward is interesting. One thing i want to point out is in the movie Pearl Harbour, the actor (one of the baldwins) was asked what to do if they run out of fuel while flying through a japanese city. His reply was that he would fly his plane into the biggest factory he saw. Funny how the crowd sees that as honour.....
    I'm just saying suicide bombers aren't cowards. I don't agree with what they do, but i wouldn't call them cowards because they are dying fighting what they believe in. And i can't see how lobbing thousands of bombs and missles to other countries is honourable. I too would see that as being a coward because they can no longer face their enemy, they fight from behind the lines to protect their own soldier's lives, which are important, but at the same time 'minimizing' the deaths of civilians. A soldier facing a soldier in the end minimizes the deaths of all civilians, and would therefore be better than to fight from behind the lines.

5. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe so! but, when your told to blowup yourself to bring yourself to God, or running into a crowd of innocent people or buildings, that's a COWARD, sorry, my opinion - when that's your only means of fighting to blow yourself up and not fight yep, that's a coward. I didn't see any of the US just strapping bombs on their backs and running into a country fighting for what they believe in blowing up people. People talk about brainwashing, that's a sure brainwashing right there! you want to protect for what you believe in, there are other ways then blowing up yourself.

6. Jack

Jack "Dirty Jack"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Would anybody like to say what the Koran says about attacking innocent people or people that can't defend themselves. What a contradiction. Maybe this is a religion of make it up as you go. Whatever fits best.

7. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's a link to read up on the Chapters of "The Holy Qur'an" -
    Love the section on DIVORCE!

Qur'an

8. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    But sitting on a bus loaded with innocent civilians..women and children is homorable?? Man you have issues!

9. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah but Jackass, he is going to say that the US has gone to Iraq and killed innocent too! only difference is, the US didn't just strap on bombs and go into a building, fly into a building or walk into a mall, they were in WAR, they fought back, and yes, some innocent die, that sucks, but it happens - but like 9/11 you tell me that they were defending their country and weren't COWARDS, Bullshit, that's the biggest of COWARDS, holding hostage innocent people and using them to kill others.

10. Man of 1951

Man of 1951 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not muslim, but maybe you should post that in the MUSLIM forum.

Who ever said that was honourable?? What I'm saying is that one difference is that they are sacrificing themselves for a cause. As shamed they should be for taking down innocents with them, its not being a coward (definition: One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.). A Coward is one who avoids faciing the enemy, fighting from behind the lines where they don't sacrifice themselves or anything. Lobbing bombs is nothing to be proud of.
    indeed you are right....a war they started, so they aren't fighting 'back' they are attacking.
    What do think of this shock and awe?? huh? Have you seen the images and videos of baghdad being bombed? Do you think anyone is the vicinity of those bombs? Are any of those ppl innocents? Yes, YES and YES.
    No america doesn't strap bombs on themselves, instead they throw the bombs over so that their objective is done, without harming themselves in any way.
    The shame is that these people feel that the only way out is to kill themselves and take others down with them. I pity them for feeling that is the only way out, but i think, what drives them to do this?? If you look at the oppression of palestinians, there is much reason. Every single suicide bomber believes that by killing themself and others, they can get their message across. What they do IS SHAMEFUL, but that doesn't make them cowards, they are at least able to face their enemy and be willing to die fighting for what they believe. Amerca on the other hand can't handle sacrifice, and therefore will lob thousands of missles and bombs to cities. If you look at the thread "American History most Americans don't know" i think you'll see what drives these ppl to such insanity.

Listen innocents die yes, america is willing to accept the death count of civilians in Iraq, and that is the same thing that the suicide bombers think. They are willing to accept their deaths (as in civilian) as acceptable considering their cause. EXACTLY THE SAME MENTALITY OF THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT. As I said, if the american government really cares about the death of inncocents they would face their enemy instead of hiding behind the lines while they hull bombs and missles. This way when they face the enemy, they would be thus facing the enemy and possibly be killing the enemy, and therefore less civilian deaths!