Who among you is going to take your adult children and travel to Syria to fight for the Kurds?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by K9Buck, Oct 14, 2019.

1. K9Buck

K9Buck Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,485
    And if you're not willing to do it, then why are you willing to send someone else's son to Syria to fight for the Kurds?

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,569
    Why allow Americans to own guns when we know 99% of them would never use them to defend our country and Constitution, despite all the noises they make on the innernetz? Why have any foreign policy at all? I mean, it might cost the average citizen as much as $2 a year or something, when we can just sit back and let the rest of the world get overrun by assorted scum and save enough to buy a milkshake!

I mean, we have all those decades of experience proving the rest of the world has always respected our 'neutrality n stuff', right? oh wait ... that never happened ... ever. We have an all-volunteer military, so nobody is going in 'against their will'. Most of our troops fighting with them want to stay.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  3. Obiwan

Obiwan Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,645
    Because the Democrats realize they can't fight a war by throwing dildos at the Turks...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,569
    WE
    Well, now they're suddenly for defending allies now that Trump is going to adopt one of their favorite policies, leaving allies to die. Whatever Trump does they have to support toe opposite.

5. Erinwltr

Erinwltr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,678
    99% eh?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bullwinkle

bullwinkle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,949
    Dayum, how Republican of you! Create a stupid hypothetical and pretend it makes sense. Anybody with an IQ above moron knows a bunch of individuals is cannon fodder as opposed to a trained army. And while we're at it, lets not hear any more from you about nasty old ISIS either, since their freedom from containment is now granted by Trump's buddy in Turkey.
    But that isn't the point of Democratic criticism. It is the betrayal. There was no invasion into the area until Trump removed the buffer. I'm sure you'll not hear the fact elsewhere about how the Kurds wanted to make a deal with Russia and Assad months ago but we, the USA, talked them out of it with the promise of protection from Turkey.
    Your rationalizations and excuses and moral arrogance go over like a lead balloon at my house, just like your accusations that Democrats condemn ANYTHING Trump does at the same time you cheer and approve and excuse EVERYTHING Trump and his cabal does.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,537
    Wait..after 20 years of a War on Emotional State, you guys are SUDDENLY concerned about young men dying in unnecessary wars?

Here's a case where a war wasn't even necessary. All Trump had to do was tell Ergodan that we would impose sanctions on him if he even TRIED to go into Syria and we'd freeze all his assets in the US.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. bullwinkle

bullwinkle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,949
    Joe, I don't pretend to understand the complications involved in our dealings with Turkey. We once had military bases there and missiles aimed at Russia. Now Turkey buys military equipment from Russia and has joined with Russia in Syria. If we still have bases and long range weapons there, I'm also concerned about our personnel stationed there. It would be my choice to blow up any equipment and pull out before a kind of Benghazi on a bigger scale happens. But I'm sitting home drinking coffee, so my musings could be just that.
    It is said Trump also has some 130 business interests in Turkey, but if they get nationalized, I just don't give a rip. I'm sure the Saudi's will cover any losses.

9. Deplorable Yankee

Deplorable Yankee Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,797
    THe leftards are alreadY making shit up

vx81hwofids31.png

That picture is actually earthquake victims ...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. bullwinkle

bullwinkle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,949
    I wondered because the photo isn't sourced, but what IS the source? What earthquake? Where?