Whites Now Minority in 1/10 Counties in U.S.

I live in a military town and have most of my life ( My dad was career Army) I have always had lots of "minority" neighbors. I am married to a Filipino also. One of my sisters was married to a black man and so one of my niece's and her kids are half black. Well in Joyce's case that means they are inferior of course. I guess my kids are too, according to racists like Joyce and Liberalism.

Luckily, this kind of racism is being abandoned as the crap it is.

Demographic realities make liars of some of you. The clear residential, schooling and workplace trend is that when racial groups are free to associate, they do so. I think many of you want to take the one black guy at your office and throw him up as an example of what a non-racist you are. But even if your neighborhood has a few minorities, it's probably predominately white. And what we know about THE INTERNET and those who post there is that it's OVERWHELMINGLY WHITE I wouldn't be surprised to discover that the posters of the US Messageboard, politics aside, are MAJORITY WHITE.

You have your demographic and perspective and I have mine. I do not live among “token Blacks” any more than I live among “token Whites”. I don’t understand your point that Internet posts are mostly from White people. So what if people here are all white?

The point is that there's a big difference between a handful of "decoration" minorities and a neighborhood, office or society that is MAJORITY MINORITY. I doubt ANY of you live in the Bronx, Haiti, etc. And none of you will ever MOVE there, that's for sure. But why is it that so many millions of whites left the cities of America, just at the time they were being inundated with blacks? Coincidence?

Economists have a terms for this: revealed preferences. Everyone says that race is irrelevant to them, but their actions show otherwise.

Some people prefer to live among people of their own race – people who, for the most part, share the same experiences. Some of them do so out of racism and “classism”. Other people do not have a preference. Then there are those who like to venture outside of their “racial group”, take chances and go to unfamiliar territory, and expand the variety and types of experiences they get.

Matt: What I would do about this, right now, is 1) stop immigration, 2) deport illegals, 3) stop affirmative action, 4) end 'civil rights' laws that remove freedom of association and 5) make a safer climate for whites to express their concerns. As far as "forced" segregation, well, I wouldn't hit that right away because it would be too radical, but NOTA BENE: it's not segregation that's "forced" - that happens quite naturally - it's DESEGREGATION that needs the forcing. Witness the busing cases.

1) I would not stop legal immigration. 2)I would increase arrests and deportation of illegals. 3)I would stop affirmative action 4)I am not familiar with any civil rights laws that remove freedom of association. I think that I would want such laws removed too but please explain. 5)I don’t understand about how it is unsafe for whites to express their concern. Blacks and Whites each voice their concerns. Sometimes they are ridiculed and sometimes they are assaulted. There are laws against assault. If segregation was to happen naturally, why did we have segregation laws? Why did the Rosa Parks incident happen? Why couldn’t Whites drink form “Blacks Only” fountains and vice versa. If there were no segregation laws, individuals might choose to segregate themselves but some would choose to not segregate themselves. Believe it or not – there are even interracial couples!

I’ve seen “honkey towns”. In those places, I’ve met some of the most arrogant, snobbish, condescending shallow people that you’d ever want to meet. I’ve worked in upscale “white” offices where the “Archie Bunker-like” atmosphere was so thick that I felt like I was choking. I worked in heavy industry blue-collar production lines where the population was 90 percent Black. I found the people there to be real wholesome people and down-to earth guys. They had class and character and were a pleasure to work with. I’ve lived in small cheap downtown apartment rooms surrounded by Blacks. I never had any difficulty. I live in urban suburbia surrounded by white people who were so self-absorbed and fighting to “keep up with the Jones’s" that after a few attempts, I gave up trying to relate to them. In some ways and in some environments, I almost see myself as a white Uncle Tom. I think that I have practically no trouble respecting, being real with, and living among Blacks or Whites. Right now, I think that my neighborhood is 45 percent Black and I have no plans or desires to move from my Black and White friends.

Forum List

Back