Which US Agency is tasked with monitoring International Air traffic?

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Not too long ago, 4 commercial airliners were used to kill 3,000 Americans. These were aircraft that hadn't been altered or modified or carrying cargo other than people and luggage, so it's safe to consider a rogue 777 as a potential danger. I'm a bit pessimistic today, so I'll say it: a plane carrying even low level radioactive material would have turned lower Manhattan into a total ghost town for years.

We spend an enormous amount of money monitoring the world for missile launches and nuclear tests, so we clearly have the capability to track a 777, something the size of an ICMB yet moving 20 times slower.

My question is: Who fucked up? Which US Spy Agency either dropped the ball or is just not telling what they know about Malaysia 370?

The NSA monitors Signals, Homeland Security is making sure the Mexican Reconquest is proceeding without any interference.

Whose job is it and why aren't they saying anything?

Not too long ago, 4 commercial airliners were used to kill 3,000 Americans. These were aircraft that hadn't been altered or modified or carrying cargo other than people and luggage, so it's safe to consider a rogue 777 as a potential danger. I'm a bit pessimistic today, so I'll say it: a plane carrying even low level radioactive material would have turned lower Manhattan into a total ghost town for years.

We spend an enormous amount of money monitoring the world for missile launches and nuclear tests, so we clearly have the capability to track a 777, something the size of an ICMB yet moving 20 times slower.

My question is: Who fucked up? Which US Spy Agency either dropped the ball or is just not telling what they know about Malaysia 370?

The NSA monitors Signals, Homeland Security is making sure the Mexican Reconquest is proceeding without any interference.

Learn geography. Nuff said.

Learn geography. Nuff said.

"I don't know" would have been more accurate, Sock

I really doubt that any U.S. agency is tasked with monitoring international flights. We may have the technology - in theory - to satellite track every object in the air. But i doubt we have anywhere close to enough satellites to track every thing airborne above the planet.

I suspect it would cost a tremendous amount of money to try that.

But that is all just speculation. I'll watch to see if anyone with a better handle on the realities of this posts.

Forum List

Back