Which is more important for you in making decisions?

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
Which is closer to the way you come to making decisions.

1) The truth defines how you make decisions and logic defines how you use that truth.

2) Winning is the only thing that's important, it doesn't matter what you argue, as long as you win the argument?

And your question is stupid
I take it you don't know any people like those described in number 2? Never had someone whom you liked or admired say something to you that you both knew was absolutely not true, merely because they began losing a argument with you?

Yeah, my little girl cousin would always start cheating when she was losing at Monopoly.

1) The truth defines how you make decisions and logic defines how you use that truth.

2) Winning is the only thing that's important, it doesn't matter what you argue, as long as you win the argument?

It depends on the circumstance.
I definitely use the second option when staring in the cupboard trying to decide on corn flakes or captain crunch.

1) Republican

2) Democrat

:eusa_dance:

Well, didn't take long for the trolls to get at it.

Not every decision has to do with winning a argument. I dont understand how #2 fits into this. Seems more like you would have made #2 say something like "Emotions are what I use to make decisions".

Harry_Reid_Mugshot.jpg

Harry Reid's brother arrested on DUI charge

The brother of Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) was arrested this week for allegedly driving under the influence, according to local media reports.

Nevada Highway Patrol arrested Larry Reid, 73, on Monday, according to local ABC affiliate KTNV.

Police accused Larry Reid of driving across a median and not wearing a seatbelt, and charged him with battery of an officer and possessing a gun while under the influence.

1) Republican

2) Democrat

:eusa_dance:

Well, didn't take long for the trolls to get at it.

Looks to me like a troll started it

Looks to me like admin shouldn't go around insulting members of this board.

Not every decision has to do with winning a argument. I dont understand how #2 fits into this. Seems more like you would have made #2 say something like "Emotions are what I use to make decisions".

There might be people who use emotions to make decisions. However there appear to be a lot of people on this forum who don't even bother with emotions. They simply decide a view they have and they'll ignore the truth for everything, and just try and "win" what they're talking about.

Usually descending into insults because they can't get their way, and then feeling smug that no one has beaten them because they haven't been "defeated", because they simply annoyed the other person.

There might be many different ways people come to their thought process, I asked which is closer of two polar opposites to the way people do things.

And your question is stupid
I take it you don't know any people like those described in number 2? Never had someone whom you liked or admired say something to you that you both knew was absolutely not true, merely because they began losing a argument with you?
Sure I do. How many do you think will admit to being number 2? Hence the stupid question...

There might be people who use emotions to make decisions. However there appear to be a lot of people on this forum who don't even bother with emotions. They simply decide a view they have and they'll ignore the truth for everything, and just try and "win" what they're talking about.

Usually descending into insults because they can't get their way, and then feeling smug that no one has beaten them because they haven't been "defeated", because they simply annoyed the other person.

There might be many different ways people come to their thought process, I asked which is closer of two polar opposites to the way people do things.
Ok. Now I see what you are getting at. Now that speaks to what your concept of "truth" is and who determines that "truth". I have found that most if not all truths are really just and agreed upon concept. I have found that what parades as the "truth" is either an outright lie or a half truth. So your "truth" may be entirely different from someone elses "truth" because its based on a different agreed upon concept. {Please lets not argue the following example right now) For example. I have argued there simply is no basis for saying north is "on top" of the world. That supposed truth has no proof and isnt even the first concept. So if you accept the notion that north is on the top half of the world and I say its the south half who is to say your "truth" is more true than mine?

Ok. Now I see what you are getting at. Now that speaks to what your concept of "truth" is and who determines that "truth". I have found that most if not all truths are really just and agreed upon concept. I have found that what parades as the "truth" is either an outright lie or a half truth. So your "truth" may be entirely different from someone elses "truth" because its based on a different agreed upon concept. {Please lets not argue the following example right now) For example. I have argued there simply is no basis for saying north is "on top" of the world. That supposed truth has no proof and isnt even the first concept. So if you accept the notion that north is on the top half of the world and I say its the south half who is to say your "truth" is more true than mine?

Well, the point about the truth is that someone goes out and seeks the truth, whatever it may be. The truth could be different, depending on how you interpret it, but if you go out and seek the truth, rather than going out to make your own fantasy world, you'll end up seeing things differently.

As for north being the top of the world, someone going out to see the truth might come across China.

China's name is ZhongGuo, literally translated as "Middle Country". Had China evolved as the most important country during the time maps were becoming very important, up might have been the Chinese east coast and down might have been the west of China.

If you look at the names of things in China, North East University will be "East North University" in Chinese, because East is their most important direction, whereas ours is north.

That's the truth.

You are contrasting philosophy/ethics versus rhetoric/advocacy.

While there are plenty of people in either group, the vast majority are the poor suckers caught in the middle.

What is best in life?

Conan-Best-in-Life.jpg
This is a hard choice -- complete freedom versus battlefield victory.

At this point in the saga of Conan, he was still driven by hate and revenge.

Hate and revenge are good -- they are what are needed to correct injustices and to kill enemies.

But you cannot be consumed by revenge and hate forever or it will kill you.

Therefore I like the idea of the Mongol prince who said, "... the open steppe, a freed horse, falcons at your breast and the wind in your hair."

Forum List

Back