Which Income Group Are You In

my income range is not listed

You skipped a whole bunch...im in the gap you left out of 27,000-85,000

I also think the tax rate should be 0% for everyone under 30,000 and EXACTY THE SAME on all income over that.

No unconstitutional progressive tax rates for me. I may be on the bottom of the income but the rich are who pay my salary.

EDIT: Hey i see you make a lot of threads about almost the same topic....remember its QUALITY not QUANTITY ;).

You had me back-checking, but upon looking at the book, these are average incomes, for the group mentioned. The 27 grand group, is the average income of the lower group, and then it shows the amount of change for that group.

So, they aren't income "groups" from this much, to that much, but the average, and how much it dropped our gained during that period mentioned. The point is to show where incomes went, for 90 percent of the people, on average, they went down.

I've posted before that we pretty much do have a flat tax, if you add up all types of taxes we pay. The rich pay more in federal taxes, as a share of their incomes. But the lower, and upper 20 percent poorest and richest, pay 18 and 19 percent, pretty much flat already. If we made the federal taxes flat, or got rid of fed taxes, and put some kind of value added tax on, then the rich would finally have what they want--the poorest and middle class, paying more.

Just because you don't' focus on sales, gas, property, fee-taxes, tolls, soft drink, state, and utility taxes, doesn't mean you don't pay them. And they add up, and are much more for that guy making 27 grand, than someone raking in a cool million a year.

Remember, it isn't about having to raise taxes. We're going to have to do that anyway. It is do you, in your lower income group want your taxes raised, or do you want the richest 2-3 percent's taxes raised. I'm personally not a masochist, but maybe you are, and you want them to tax you more, so the poor, underprivileged rich, can have their fifteenth home, or fiftieth BMW, or an extra yacht.

I also think the tax rate should be 0% for everyone under 30,000 and EXACTY THE SAME on all income over that.

No unconstitional progressive tax rates for me. I may be on the bottom of the income but the rich are who pay my salary.

EDIT: Hey i see you make a lot of threads about almost the same topic....remember its QUALITY not QUANTITY ;).

I would support a flat tax on everyone with one condition..
We burn the tax code books. NO DEDUCTIONS. All income is equally taxed.

Watch the rich scream about that one

Actually I know a few rich people. Each and every one of them would love to see a flat tax levied across the board, it would decrease what they are paying now.

No, what they want is a flat tax on income. Start saying their capital gains are going to be taxed at the same rate, and they'll flip a shit.

People should focus on how much they make, and whether the supply-side corporate policies of Republicans, and conservative Democrats have helped them economically, more than their hatred of gays, loathing of abortion, or love of God, like he's got stock in any party?!?

Right, because money is, after all, the most important thing.... :cuckoo:

Actually I know a few rich people. Each and every one of them would love to see a flat tax levied across the board, it would decrease what they are paying now.

Your question on the flat tax to your rich friends. Did you ask them to also give up ALL their tax deductions?

well....in 2006 i paid the state and feds almost $175k in taxes.....if you went a straight 10% and took away all my deductions....well lets just ...that is fine with me.....

You must be in that top bracket, generally about 40 percent of income federally and whatever state...I suspect you're making about 400K a year... no, I do not feel sorry for you.

I'm in the income group not mentioned in the OP.
I think you're in there, just read it again:

Lower 90% incomes dropped 0.1% from $27,060 to $27,035
From 90-95%, incomes grew 29.6%, from $80,148 to $103,860
I think he's referring to the median or average of the lower 90 percent being $27,035, while the average for the 90-90 percenters is $103,860.

I get most of my income from finacial aid and student loans and I get more money back then what I paid.

success is not money...I am broke ass and its great..its about how you live it and how you use your resources.. what you get to experince..how much lesuire time you have..how secure you feel ..how much you laugh...

Last edited:
The funniest thing about econimical debates is many bring in taxation. However they completly forget about how much the higher tax brackets actually pay back to the US government...Then figure how much the Uniformed Service people pay back off their own salaries. And certain leaders say no more taxes, lets burn the rich, and guess who always loses...THE SMALL BUSINESS OWNER! BTY the small business owner on average makes more than 150K a threshold number I heard a political flash in the pan announce was the beggining step of a rich quota...I hate invalid percentages

Your question on the flat tax to your rich friends. Did you ask them to also give up ALL their tax deductions?

well....in 2006 i paid the state and feds almost $175k in taxes.....if you went a straight 10% and took away all my deductions....well lets just ...that is fine with me.....

You must be in that top bracket, generally about 40 percent of income federally and whatever state...I suspect you're making about 400K a year... no, I do not feel sorry for you.
i dont believe he was asking for ANYONE to "feel sorry" for him

success is not money...I am broke ass and its great..its about how you live it and how you use your resources.. what you get to experince..how much lesuire time you have..how secure you feel ..how much you laugh...
While I agree that "success is not money" I suspect from your posting that you are still dependent upon someone else.

Am I wrong?

No unconstitional progressive tax rates for me. I may be on the bottom of the income but the rich are who pay my salary.

your whole "hate the rich" thing is sooo fucking four decades ago. i think youre just an envious little bitch

That is EXACTLY what a TON of conservatives are calling for.... flat tax on EVERY dollar earned across the board.. no need for deductions, or whatever else

And that includes ALL income earned.... so no, you don't get people making less than X dollars exempt.... every dollar, every person, equally taxed...

Personally I've done well in my young life. I am going to pay nearly 50k in taxes this year between my wife and I.

Oh well. Sure I'd like to have it in cash. But I'm not starving either. And I think that I can handle that tax burden quite a bit better as a young person without kids than someone struggling to raise kids. So I'm happy to take that bullet. When my wife and I have kids and she stays home with them, our income will reduce and I won't feel the least bit guilty about the new kid picking up my slack.

Once again a so called liberal posting crap. If you were a true liberal, you would realize that economic liberty is a right as important as any other.

tell me where do i fit in? In 2005 my wife and i made about 80K. Last year we doubled that and this year we should triple it.

i suppose you think i should be taxed more because we risked every dime we had to start a business that has had some success.

typical dimocrat wanting to penalize success and reward mediocrity.
Excellent growth. Whatcha doing ? Selling body bags to the D.O.D or supplying the Nazi party with tazers to "protect and serve" ?:eusa_angel:

In a way, it is. When someone buys a set of sheets, everyone pays EXACTLY the same taxes.

Now what's funny, Warren Buffet, and I quote:

"Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent."

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary

Now isn't that truly histerical? Really funny? And his humor. Read this:

"Mr Buffett, who runs the investment group Berkshire Hathaway and is widely regarded as the world’s most successful investor, said that he was a Democrat because Republicans are more likely to think: “I’m making $80 million a year – God must have intended me to have a lower tax rate.”

Man, I am laughing and laughing. The comedy is too much. The humor. The giggles. The outright laughter.

Once again a so called liberal posting crap. If you were a true liberal, you would realize that economic liberty is a right as important as any other.

tell me where do i fit in? In 2005 my wife and i made about 80K. Last year we doubled that and this year we should triple it.

i suppose you think i should be taxed more because we risked every dime we had to start a business that has had some success.

typical dimocrat wanting to penalize success and reward mediocrity.
Excellent growth. Whatcha doing ? Selling body bags to the D.O.D or supplying the Nazi party with tazers to "protect and serve" ?:eusa_angel:

no government contracts here. we simply provide a desired service at a reasonable cost.

In a way, it is. When someone buys a set of sheets, everyone pays EXACTLY the same taxes.

Now what's funny, Warren Buffet, and I quote:

"Mr Buffett said that he was taxed at 17.7 per cent on the $46 million he made last year, without trying to avoid paying higher taxes, while his secretary, who earned $60,000, was taxed at 30 per cent."

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary

Now isn't that truly histerical? Really funny? And his humor. Read this:

"Mr Buffett, who runs the investment group Berkshire Hathaway and is widely regarded as the world’s most successful investor, said that he was a Democrat because Republicans are more likely to think: “I’m making $80 million a year – God must have intended me to have a lower tax rate.”

Man, I am laughing and laughing. The comedy is too much. The humor. The giggles. The outright laughter.

that's a little disingenuous. You make it sound as if the secretary paid 30% on the entire 60K she earned.

That's not how the tax scale works.

That is EXACTLY what a TON of conservatives are calling for.... flat tax on EVERY dollar earned across the board.. no need for deductions, or whatever else

And that includes ALL income earned.... so no, you don't get people making less than X dollars exempt.... every dollar, every person, equally taxed...

They've never been calling for that. They're normally calling for flat tax on all wage income.

Forum List

Back