Which countries should be included in East Asia Union?

longriver

Rookie
Nov 12, 2009
An East Asian community of nations - akin to the economically powerful European Union - was floated by Japan's new Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama in his visit to China, but the idea was dismissed by Chinese political experts who said it cannot be realized in the near future and poses too many difficulties.

Today, Campbell,America's assistant secretary of state claimed that no leadership mechanism has been established in Asia, but the important mechanism on security, economy, business should include America.
If East Asia Union could be established, do you really think America should be included in East Asia Union?

Besides, there are two proposals -- 13 countries & 16 countries

13G--ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) , China, Japan, South Korea;

16G--ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) , China, Japan, South Korea, Austrilia, New Zealand, India;

China inclined to the proposal of "13G", while Japan tended to "16G".

OK, Let's vote. In your Opinion, which countries should be included in East Asia Union?

From Global Times Forum

Given that we have a globalised (for better or worse) economy is it relevant? Could it end up like the EU with all sorts of barriers to free trade? I know Australia has been included in at least one model but that could be because our major trading partners are Japan and China at the moment (that could change of course). I just wonder if the world needs yet another trading bloc.

• Banned
I think the bloc changes according the current situation. The current situation is that Asian countries is better than western world in economic performance and that's why Obama visited Aisa and said the US wants to be much more involved in this region.

Global Times Forum

Forum List

Back