Where is a democrat with christian values suppose to go?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AirTight, Oct 11, 2019.

1. JBond

JBond Winning

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,361
    No parents. Interesting.

2. Thunk

Thunk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,965
    I have always been an registered independent...but republicans are not the monsters they are made out to be.

My biggest problem with republicans are they are a bunch of empty nut sacks who are afraid to fight!

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Andylusion

Andylusion Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,080
    Well first, everyone should be tax exempt. There's a reason why the income tax was not constitutional to begin with.

Second, whether or not you consider Christianity "aligned with the Republican Party".... does not matter. Religion is protected by the constitution, and should be. The government has no business taxing anyone, but most certainly not religion. Maybe you missed it, but the only reason this nation exists is because religious people wanted to get away from self-important government people like you. You should be thanking us that you have the freedoms you do, to whine about Christians.

4. Andylusion

Andylusion Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,080
    HUH?

I can think of a dozens off the top of my head. What are you smoking?

5. Kentucky_Conservative

Kentucky_Conservative Senior Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Most elections these days are decided by counting the votes of people who have cast a vote AGAINST the person they hate, having only the lesser of two evils to choose from.

6. Andylusion

Andylusion Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,080
    Politicians are politicians. And a political party, has only one thing as their primary goal..... getting people elected, and getting control of government.

You need to have a more realistic view of political parties, and politicians.

I never once, voted for a Republican because "The GOP Is the party of gawd!". That's insane. The GOP is there to get their members elected, and if that means that in a particularly disgusting area of the country, they have to run a pro-gay, pro-baby-murder, pro-gun-control candidate.... then that is what they are going to do, in order to get more Republicans in office, than Democrats.

Equally, I never vote for a Republican, because "He's a Republican, and therefore a gawd fearin Christian!".

Politicians are politicians. They are going to say or do, what it takes to get elected.

Very few politicians are actually real Christians, and hold real ideological positions based on their faith.

So why bother?

Um... because what value is their by staying out of the election system?
    Better to vote.

It really is the less of two evils, and it is in fact better to the less of two bad choices.

7. GreenAndBlue

GreenAndBlue Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,691
    It’s impossible for a Christian to be a democrat. Unless totally insane

8. DOTR

DOTR Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,887
    Democrats are evil and enjoy support of the elite and deep state...Republicans are cowards and fear the elite and deep state. But Trump is trying to beat some spine into them.

• Agree Agree x 1