Where are the job bills?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Wry Catcher, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,455
    In regard to deficit, the CBO says 9.5 trillion in deficits over the 10 years. That’s an average deficit of 950 billion, a decrease of 400 billion from the 2010 deficit. Both sides have promised further reductions in the deficit. Both sides have called for a cuts in corporate taxes, which should be a help. So no, I don’t think financial disaster is ahead of us.

As far as inflation goes, we've seen it over 10% and have come back just fine. I can remember when inflation of less than 5% was considered healthy. Inflation is now 2.11% including the run up in food and gas prices. Will we have inflation? You can count on it, but that doesn't mean financial disaster.

Whenever you quote U6, you are not quoting actual unemployment. You including people that are employed part time and people that are discourage and not looking for a job. U6 is always higher than U3, the standard reported unemployment rate. A few years ago when Bush was in office, Republicans raved about the low 4.6% unemployment and Democrats sited U6, "the real unemployment rate" as 9%.

2. Bernard

Bernard Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2

You are exactly right!

3. Bernard

Bernard Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Floppper is in denial. When have the CBO estimated ever been accurate?

The U.S. is heading for financial ruin. A banana republic is our future.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  4. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,455
    Numerical economic projections are never correct regardless of who makes them because there are always unexpected issues that arise. The CBO is the only non-partisan organization that both parties rely on for economic projections. If you don't believe the CBO, then your are left with right and left wing economists, talk show hosts, and politicians, which is why both sides quote the CBO.

5. Vanquish

Vanquish Vanquisher of shills

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +365
    The government creates jobs all the time. Anyone who says it doesn't is completely wrong.

Do you know people who work for your state or federal government? Even if you don't...they exist. That's a job created by the government. Boom. End match. Done. Over.

States actually hire private individuals to do lots of specialized jobs in various industries. Take my profession - the law. I recently represented a lady against the Alabama Department of Education. Instead of using in-house counsel, they hired 9 attorneys from a local, private firm. They actually had an on-going contract with those attorneys.

The government can create jobs...but what I'd rather see is that legislatures create climates for business and private individuals to thrive and improve the economy themselves.

6. Samson

Samson Póg Mo Thóin Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,218
    I'd like to see the same thing, and then I'd like to see the legislature adjourn for about a decade.

7. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,139
    New jobs not payin' enough...
    :(
    The Real Poverty Line in America
    April 04, 2011 — For all the optimistic talk of growth in the labor market - and the economy as a whole - the vast majority of jobs that are expected to be created in the coming years will not pay enough for average American families to get by, a new report shows.