When, Why and How Europe Twisted History

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
Many of us have been educated based on a foundation of falsehoods. The lies have allowed the white racist subculture to create a paternal attitude towards other races and are the beginning source of cancel culture in this country. Western societies have created a false history that ignores significant accomplishments of almost everyone who was not white.

Many of us have been educated based on a foundation of falsehoods.
You, more than most , it would seem.

The lies have allowed the white racist subculture to create a paternal attitude towards other races
The white race IS the culture, you are the subculture. But that paternal attitude wasn't created by lies, it was created by being first to explore, conquer and develop the Americas through centuries of development of everything from the gun, military, combat strategy, sailing ships, civil law, the astrolab, common law, the compass, windmills, literature, the printing press, classical music, the calculus, the telescope, the microscope, the assembly line, science, philosophy, mathematics, physics, mapping the world, the steam engine, steel, chemistry, vaccines, the robot, the telephone, the phonograph, light-bulbs, electricity, rock and roll, the calculator, motion pictures, radio, the telegraph, space rockets, communication satellites, computers, television and cellphones.

Many of us have been educated based on a foundation of falsehoods. The lies have allowed the white racist subculture to create a paternal attitude towards other races and are the beginning source of cancel culture in this country. Western societies have created a false history that ignores significant accomplishments of almost everyone who was not white.

So your solution is to have CRT putting the emphasis on the parts of history that make you feel good?

If you feel good reading history, you aren't reading history, you are reading propaganda.

The problem is, most Americans don't know history, and are bored by it.

So your solution is to have CRT putting the emphasis on the parts of history that make you feel good?

If you feel good reading history, you aren't reading history, you are reading propaganda.

The problem is, most Americans don't know history, and are bored by it.

I can't imagine anyone that could be bored by history.
I was / am interested enough in history that I made it a point to spend the night, by myself, at Stonehenge, Delphi, Babylon, Troy etc.

It's been my experience, recently, that there is a disproportionate amount of entertainment media, today, about WW 2 and the Holocaust that is written to either entertain viewers and / or slander Germans.

I am surprised at thee number of people who have a great interest in the history of that don't realize that the Allies had the most extensive and successful propaganda program of all with the full co operation of Hollywood's top movie moguls. (1)

So, in most cases, what most Americans seem to "know" about WW 2 and the Holocaust is essentially the residual Allied propaganda and anti German slander that Hollywood has poured into their respective heads.

Perhaps one of my favorite quotes concerning any era of history is from George Orwell:

"Who controls the past controls the future; who controls the present controls the past."

Whenever I read a work concerning the past, I try to read it with a critical and objective mind:
  • What is the author telling me?
  • Why is the author telling me what he is trying to relate?
  • What is the author omitting and why?

I'm interested to learn what others think while studying history.

Do they question the author at all, do they believe something due to group-think or are they overly skeptical and likely to reject an account of history as being a "conspiracy theory" if it goes against mainstream accounts in any historical era?

Other thoughts welcome...

(1). "The Hollywood Directors Who Filmed the Liberation of Nazi Concentration Camps"
https://hyperallergic.com/426644/lamoth-filming-the-camps-the-holocaust/

EXCERPT "George Stevens, John Ford, and Samuel Fuller, best known for their work in Hollywood, all documented the Allied liberation at the end of the war.

But during this period of war, they were acting less as artists than as functionaries of US propaganda and information efforts, working for the US Armed Forces and Secret Services.CONTINUED

Underserved, unhoused people from all over the planet would consider themselves extremely lucky to live in Europe. Risk their lives to do it they would.

Well, I'm a big history nerd, and I can tell you, most people's eyes glaze over when you talk about history.

I can see why history might be boring to someone who only focuses on remembering dates and the names of successive rulers but I can promise you that eyes are unlikely to glaze over during any discussion that involves the history of slavery, the history of Israel - Palestine, the Nakba, the history of the Holocaust and what Norman Finkelstein calls the "Holocaust Industry".

If you've ever attempted to discuss any of those topics, alone, I'm pretty sure that you'll get some "spirited" responses especially if you exercise critical literacy skills.

Which eras of history interest you most?

Thanks,

Forum List

Back