When was America's Heyday?

When do you think America hit it peak?

• Total voters
A lot depends on how you'd define "heyday" or "peak".
Assuming we stop electing POTUS like Obama and Biden, I'd be the optimist and think our nation has yet to reach it's full potential per ideals set forth in the Declaration of Independence and sustained via the Constitution.

Failing on that condition, then mostly in the 1950-1960s after having a major role in ending two World Wars, rebuilding the economies of much of the world, a vigorous space program, major leader in inventions-innovations-new technologies-etc., and brief monopoly on industry and manufacture before those rebuilt economies became competitive

Last edited:
In terms of world dominance, I would say 1945-1960
We were the most powerful nation in the world economically

Socially, not so much

I would say that the best is yet to come!

But in a different sense than was intended by the OP.

One such example is that it can only get better instead of worse for black people.

And another example is that there can't be more frequent wars of aggression started!

1621. America had them injuns stepping and fetching to bring them food.

Economically, no question the 1950's. The world was devastated by war and we were a hungry, undamaged industrial giant who switched from armaments to consumer goods. Well, sort of. The armaments industry has only grown. Exponentially, at least in cost.

Depends on the american people if we all seek it in our personal lives and family plus demand it from our elected officials the best is yet to come. As Reagan said Its Morning in America. Let us all seek excellence in everything in our lives.

Depends on rather it is social or economic
Economic 1941-1965. FDR's policies and later LBJ's policies greatly bettered life and helped grow our middle class and in doing so our ability to be the worlds only super power.
Social 1990's until 2020. I am scared things are starting to become less free and there's more hatred so this might be ending.

Economic 1941-1965. FDR's policies and later LBJ's policies greatly bettered life and helped grow our middle class and in doing so our ability to be the worlds only super power.
Social 1990's until 2020. I am scared things are starting to become less free and there's more hatred so this might be ending.
Then you had best leave people alone and leave their children alone.

FDR was around for a lot of pain and suffering. Questions of mistrust even in that era. All policies must be paid for, or a nation will eventually slide. We now live off of foreign slave labor (at least to us) which affords us a massive social welfare nation as we may not afford to purchase products if wages and benefits are several times higher than China workers or the social welfare and social programs would need to be reduced in varying ways.

Forum List

Back