When one door closes................

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Another one opens.

What's been yours in life?

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”

Sure, why not.

It's a simple and good metaphor that most people use nowadays. I tend to think that way anyway, who would want to live in a world where every door is closed? Shit, now it's easier than ever to get a degree and start making some money.

But meh, that's just me.

Wife got riffed at the school where she'd been teaching 4+ years. We were so pissed and hurt, for all we had done for that community. I was heading up the chamber of commerce and involved in all sorts of economic development. REally busted my ass for those people. And that's the thanks we got.

So we drug up and moved. Wife's got work here, but nothing like it was. I can move my office wherever.

But, the move did us a world of good. Yeah life's good. A hell of a lot better than it w/have been if we stayed in that two-tractor town. Fuck them. We needed the change more badly than I knew.

About a decade into my marriage I was forced to admit I had married a truely despicable man. All my hopes and dreams for a family went up in smoke. I envisioned a life devoid of any joy at all.

Turns out, being married does not suit me, I love living alone and without me around, my ex was able to develop into a human. The family thing still happened for me, in ways it never would had I been someone's wife. I found joy -- just not the joy I had scripted as a young woman.

Sometimes, what we fear is what we need.

About a decade into my marriage I was forced to admit I had married a truely despicable man. All my hopes and dreams for a family went up in smoke. I envisioned a life devoid of any joy at all.

Turns out, being married does not suit me, I love living alone and without me around, my ex was able to develop into a human. The family thing still happened for me, in ways it never would had I been someone's wife. I found joy -- just not the joy I had scripted as a young woman.

So he couldn't become a good person with your bad influence?

And you just explained so much when it comes to your treatment of men as the devil himself if the other thread.

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
'This could be Heaven or this could be Hell'
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

So I called up the Captain,
'Please bring me my wine'
He said, 'We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine'
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax,' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

Attachments

• $Aleister_Crowley_03.jpg
    $Aleister_Crowley_03.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Another one opens.

What's been yours in life?

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”

when I left the service, I ETSed to NYC, my home. I left there after for California, back in 92...have never looked back.

Seems everywhere YOU go it's fucked up. [just kidding]

I lived in CA for awhile and couldn't find a job so I joined the Army.

Now I live in TN which has a heck of a lot better quality of life.

Still I miss CA.

Never wanted to live in NYC. Course I never wanted to slam my dick in the door ether.

Last edited:

And you just explained so much when it comes to your treatment of men as the devil himself if the other thread.

I was confrontational and judgmental. I was also right, but he could not grow if the cost was admitting that.

We just were not right for each other...and thankies for the sensitivity, as always.

What do you mean with bad influence?
As long as we all don't know members personally, we can never judge why a relation broke. Even if we knew them personally, our judgement may be false as not everyone talks about the things he/she witnesses in a marriage.

Apart from that, I believe that Madeline is a very nice and friendly woman.
I believe her when she says, that her ex behaved in ways which were of no joy to her anymore.
Shit happens like they said in Forrest Gump, at least she is now happy with her life. That's what counts.

Forum List

Back