When one door closes................

Tell that to a guy in prison.

No.

Why not?

Are you afraid Clarice?

anthony_hopkins_hannibal_lecter.jpg

That would make a great Halloween Costume.

And I know a gal on here that looks like Jodie Foster in real life.................

Sometimes, what we fear is what we need.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Indeed, true blue.

If my wife ever comes to her senses and kicks me to the Qantus curb I will marry you.

Though it is probably the last thing you need, I never do fear.

Another one opens.

What's been yours in life?

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”

It works; someone may have had their nose to the grindstone on a life fulfilling project and have the rug pulled out from under them. At first they feel they are in the middle of a personal catastrophe, but as that door has closed they begin to have time available to focus on other pursuits, perhaps in an allied field, or something that has only the barest connection to their earlier pursuit.

As the old saying goes, we can have anything we want, but we cannot have everything we want. The important thing is to make the right choices.

I took my door off the hinges today and did some repairs on it.
When the door is off the hinges.
The air conditioner is off.

Pffft, like I haven't heard that one before. Next thing you know I'm getting blamed for all the ills in the world. I know better this time.

There has to be a gentleman around here
Can't help ya with that one, dear.

I'd tell ya to ask your ex to help, but I hear who's with some bitch named 'eve', now..

You know I'll always love my Ashera, though <3

(Yes, I know I'm being very liberal with several different myths)

Ada-who?

That's all right, I just got a sudden craving for pomegranates anyway. What can I say?

Last edited:
I once went to jail for two weeks, when I was very young and dumb and less hopeful and experienced as I am now, and when my father drove me to court I cried and I apologized to him for being such a sorry sack of a son.

And he pulled the car over and said "Son, I love you, and life loves you too. You are going to get second chances, and third chances, and fourth and fith chances, but you have to do something to earn them."

I am no great success at anything, but my father did teach me to keep knocking on the right doors.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back