When it's ok to be "policemen" of the World

Discussion in 'Politics' started by K9Buck, Dec 30, 2009.

1. K9Buck

K9Buck Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I've heard people say that the U.S. should not intervene in affairs around the world because we're not the "world's policemen".

I'd like to ask those that generally feel that way what, if any, circumstances should compel the U.S. to intervene into the affairs of another nation. Or, do you feel that we should not intervene under any circumstances?

2. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,593
    I would like K9BUCK to answer his own question.

3. K9Buck

K9Buck Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I'll be happy to. I asked the question because I already know what I believe and I'd like to hear what others think.

4. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    if asked by an ally and then only after a special election and a vote of the people.....after all it is our tax dollars and lives that will be spent to the benefit of another nation....

and while i have the salt shaker....no us tax dollars should be sent to another nation and no us military bases should be on foreign soil unless the host nations foots the cost in total with a reasonable profit....

5. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,731
    OK, K9Buck... Here ya go. My personal belief is that the US should stay in their own damned yard and keep out of the affairs of everybody else. Quit giving every Tom, Dick and Harry nation money like we have plenty and begin to pay our bills off with China. When we have repaid every nickel we owe them, if the government wants to give money away again, we'll bring it up then. We don't need foreign oil to survive in this country. We have plenty of our own if we would just tell the environmental wackos to go screw themselves and begin to pump our own out of the ground. We should seal up our boarders and not allow anyone in who isn't already an American citizen. If we do allow someone in, they should be closely watched and escourted out as soon as their business is complete. Fuck the world. We don't need them. Let them feed their selves and have their little tiffs where they claim the US is just a bucket of shit. When they get hungry enough they will change their minds. It's time we played in our own back yard for awhile. Let everybody else do just what the heck they want to do and keep our noses out of it. Bring the troops home now. Either find Bin Lauden and get the hell out of there or make so much of a ruckus that they bring him to the troops just to shut us up. Then come home quickly and close and lock the door. That's just me and Jack Daniels talking...

6. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    You mean we should not be statring wars with countries who did nothing to us?

why did you defend the Iraqi invasion?

7. noose4

noose4 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +610
    We pretty much should not intervene under any circumstances, our armed forces should be for the defense of our nation.

8. K9Buck

K9Buck Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    :clap2:

I agree with you and Jack!

9. K9Buck

K9Buck Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi Truth. Are you directing the question to me? If so, where did I defend the invasion?

10. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    As long as Congress formally approves it, go ahead and intervene.