When did we stop educating people?

First, we don't allow our kids to play dodge ball, because little joey can't take getting pegged and oust from a game. Poor baby.

Second, we don't allow the fielders to toss the ball at the runner to get an out! WTF, that used to be a highly risky, but very rewarding way to get a runner out!

Liberals are pussifying American's youth!

I mean how do expect our children to succeed when they are adult, since we are teaching them since they are babies there are no losers only winners! Everyone is a winner, no matter how little you tried or how little effort you exserted! It's horrendous and harmful in the long run!

Last edited:
First, we don't allow our kids to play dodge ball, because little joey can't take getting pegged and oust from a game. Poor baby.

Second, we don't allow the fielders to toss the ball at the runner to get an out! WTF, that used to be a highly risky, but very rewarding way to get a runner out!

Liberals are pussifying American's youth!

I mean how do expect our children to succeed when they are adult, since we are teaching them since they are babies there are no losers only winners! Everyone is a winner, no matter how little you tried or how little effort you exserted! It's horrendous and harmful in the long run!

1. “Some traditional childhood games are disappearing from school playgrounds because educators say they're dangerous…prohibited tag at recess because it "progresses easily into slapping and hitting and pushing instead of just touching," Principal Cindy Farwell says….Contact sports were banned…” USATODAY.com - 'Not it!' More schools ban games at recess

2. candy cigarettes Candy Cigarettes Banned By FDA Candy Cigarettes Banned By FDA

3. Whistles, catcalls and lewd come-ons from strangers are all too familiar to New York City women, who say they are harassed multiple times a day as they walk down the street. Now lawmakers are examining whether to do something to discourage it.
NYC Considers a No Catcall Zone | NBC New York

4. More importantly, the supes [supervisors] passed the so-called "Happy Meal Ban" by an 8-3 vote ― meaning it can survive a promised veto from Mayor Gavin Newsom. That's right: San Francisco done banned the Happy Meal. Robble robble.
S.F. Supes Pass Happy Meal Ban with Veto-Proof Majority - San Francisco Restaurants and Dining - SFoodie

5. 13-year-old Cody Alicea rides with an American flag on the back of his bike. He says he does this to be patriotic and to honor veterans, like his own grandfather, Robert. He's had the flag on his bike for two months but Monday, was told to take it down. Denair Middle School Makes Boy Take American Flag Off Bike - KTXL

6. Monitor the fat and sugar content of muffins sold at a school bake sale…
“There shall be no cupcakes. No chocolate cake and no carrot cake. According to New York City’s latest regulations, not even zucchini bread makes the cut.
In an effort to limit how much sugar and fat students put in their bellies at school, the Education Department has effectively banned most bake sales, the lucrative if not quite healthy fund-raising tool for generations of teams and clubs.” A Crackdown on Bake Sales in City Schools-s'Cool Food Initiative

When liberals took over the school systems. Everyone wins, everyone is equal, some schools don't give out F's, Latinos who don't speak English are deported they get extra attention, teachers aren't free to expel kids from their class, schools aren't free to kick disruptive kids out, school pass poor score kids in order to not have to deal with the kids and we pussify our kids.

I was playing Candy-land with my daughter and son. My daughter got all the way to the end and she said "Daddy I won" then my son said "We both one." I cringed and said "No, you lost! #^&^ won! There are winners and loser, you do your best, play fair, be a good sport, but always try to win!"

It's crap!

When did we stop educating people?, when did we decide the state should tell people what to think instead of how to think on various important issues that affect us every day, and instead teach them, their is only way one way of thinking, and that those who want more rights, are racist, homophobic, and stupid, rather then looking in the mirror, they might actually see that in themselves

Liberals have always been mostly in charge of education. Conservatives are in charge of "mysticism and the supernatural". It's always been that way. Conservatives have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the classroom. Unless it's "Bible class" where they teach "Bible memorization".

When did we stop educating people?, when did we decide the state should tell people what to think instead of how to think on various important issues that affect us every day, and instead teach them, their is only way one way of thinking, and that those who want more rights, are racist, homophobic, and stupid, rather then looking in the mirror, they might actually see that in themselves

Pretty much since the right has been calling any attempt to improve schools "throwing money at the problem".

The right does not value education and they rail against it in many ways.

They insult anyone who teaches or seeks to teach.

If you do not value the profession of teaching you will never value education.

The curriculum 8th grade 1890 is far cheaper and more expansive and useful then any 4 year degree of today.
Education has been improved to death.

After two years in college, 45% of students showed no significant gains in learning; after four years, 36% showed little change.
Students also spent 50% less time studying compared with students a few decades ago, the research shows.
Report: First two years of college show small gains - USATODAY.com

When I was in college many years ago, it was a damn rare occasion that I didn't spend at least 6 hours a day studying. My tuition was $800/yr. The tuition at USC this year is $40,384 for one year. That doesn't include anything but tuition for one year.

After two years in college, 45% of students showed no significant gains in learning; after four years, 36% showed little change.
Students also spent 50% less time studying compared with students a few decades ago, the research shows.

When I was in college many years ago, it was a damn rare occasion that I didn't spend at least 6 hours a day studying. My tuition was $800/yr. The tuition at USC this year is $40,384 for one year. That doesn't include anything but tuition for one year.

You must be talking about those Bible colleges.

The company I worked at needed to develop a heat exchange system for a piece of equipment. So they went to Illinois Technical Institute and the University of Chicago and gave engineering departments in both schools an outline of what was needed.

http://www.iit.edu/

From the response, the project was given to the senior class from the Illinois Technical Institute and over the course of a semester, they developed the system that was eventually patented.

Of course the entire system had to be rearranged. They put the "over temperature cutoff" under the water pump and the solenoids between the tank and the pump making them unreachable, but it worked. It met specifications. A manufacturing engineer rearranged the parts to make everything accessible and serviceable. It ended up being a very pretty little unit that is now sold all over the world.

Other engineering companies do the same thing.

The problem is the right wing factors in those Bible Colleges or those right wing colleges teaching "Law" whose students pass the bar about 10% of the time, if they're lucky.

Remember the big scandal in the Justice Department? Right wingers love to forget their many, many scandals. That's why the have ME to remind them.

Scandal puts spotlight on Christian law school
Grads influential in Justice Dept.

Scandal puts spotlight on Christian law school - The Boston Globe

Last edited by a moderator:

The company I worked at needed to develop a heat exchange system for a piece of equipment. So they went to Illinois Technical Institute and the University of Chicago and gave engineering departments in both schools an outline of what was needed.

Illinois Institute of Technology

From the response, the project was given to the senior class from the Illinois Technical Institute and over the course of a semester, they developed the system that was eventually patented.

Of course the entire system had to be rearranged. They put the "over temperature cutoff" under the water pump and the solenoids between the tank and the pump making them unreachable, but it worked. It met specifications. A manufacturing engineer rearranged the parts to make everything accessible and serviceable. It ended up being a very pretty little unit that is now sold all over the world.

The problem is the right wing factors in those Bible Colleges or those right wing colleges teaching "Law" whose students pass the bar about 10% of the time, if they're lucky.

Remember the big scandal in the Justice Department? Right wingers love to forget their many, many scandals. That's why the have ME to remind them.

The study was based on responses and test scores from 2,300 undergraduates at twenty-four institutions. It didn't say which institutions.

No, he wasn't. It was a selection of 24 colleges and universities from across the country. Needless to say, the academic world was not very happy with the research results. I suggest you read the study.

Pretty much since the right has been calling any attempt to improve schools "throwing money at the problem".

The right does not value education and they rail against it in many ways.

They insult anyone who teaches or seeks to teach.

If you do not value the profession of teaching you will never value education.

Throwing more and more money at the problem hasn't seemed to work very effectively so far. If doing the same thing the same way has not worked until now, please explain how it is going to work the next time, or the time after that. We need to apply some critical thinking and find better ways of educating kids.

What is it with the left that they don't value logic and rail against it?

We stopped educating people once the principals of education changed. At one point in time, teachers and professors genuinely sought to open your mind and cultivate your ability to question everything.

When education became enamored solely with the profitability of whatever occupation you're considering, critical thinking plunged into a gulch of indifference and covetousness. Schools are akin to drone factories, cynically pumping out faceless servants to bow down to the whims of their employers. Once their usefulness is used up, they are obsolete in the eyes of the employer and subsequently discarded like spoiled milk.

It's enough to make you retch.

No, he wasn't. It was a selection of 24 colleges and universities from across the country. Needless to say, the academic world was not very happy with the research results. I suggest you read the study.

I didn't see anywhere subjects were discussed. "Academics" could be anything. You can go to college and get a grade in "tennis".

One semester, I took Calc III, Physics and Digital Electronics. To qualify for the GI Bill, I needed a single credit more. Saturday mornings, in tights, modern dance, 1 credit, three hours of humiliation.

Look at what is available from say, The University of Berkeley:

Department of Industrial Engineering

and Bob Jones University:

A-Z List of Graduate Programs | Bob Jones University

It may all come under the heading of "Academics", but there is a world of difference. They simply can't be "lumped" into the same category. One is a serious center of learning. The other? Not so sure.

...and that is why Bones refuses to leave his mommy's basement.
I know it's difficult to think outside of your uber-patriot, narrow, two-dimensional cunthair point of view, however you may want to try some day. Your sorry ass brain will thank you for it.

Nice response, too. An insulting one-liner that didn't even attempt to refute what I said. Brilliant in a knuckle dragging sort of way...

This is one of the serious problems I see at my school when it comes to preparing kids for college.

We have many outstanding teachers who engage the kids from bell to bell, sometimes changing up activities 4 or 5 times in a class period. It works because kids today have short attention spans. However, this is not how they teach in college. We give very little independent work (reading a novel outside of class? never!) and we rarely lecture. We don't teach kids how to take notes; we give them the notes. We assign one or two research papers and if they don't do it, they can still pass.

Either high schools are going to have to change, or the colleges will. But I don't see either happening. Just my two cents.

Americans are reveling in their ignorance right now.

It's not just the kids.

Look at how many of us REFUSE to acknowledge even well known facts.

We wrap yourselves in ignorance like turtles in our shells.

...and that is why Bones refuses to leave his mommy's basement.
I know it's difficult to think outside of your uber-patriot, narrow, two-dimensional cunthair point of view, however you may want to try some day. Your sorry ass brain will thank you for it.

Nice response, too. An insulting one-liner that didn't even attempt to refute what I said. Brilliant in a knuckle dragging sort of way...

Most amusing to me was the neg rep. You were called out on an insane rant. Deal with it little one. :lol:

Forum List

Back