What's your pick for the most racist/sexist/xenophobic movie ever made?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
I'd have to guess Mel Brooks' "Blazing Saddles." It has everything: Racial, ethnic, and xenophobic oversimplifications, sexism, homophobic innuendo, even anti-Semitic stereotypes, thinly veiled as "humor."

Not that it isn't a funny movie, but by today's standards? Can you imagine the outcome if a conservative movie producer or director created such a thing as that movie? There would be rioting, looting, and arson in the streets, as if some police officers indiscriminately gunned down a bunch of 3 year old black kids.

Which brings up the question: How is it "they" can get away with things like this, while "we" are constantly accused of what "they" are applauded for?

I'd have to guess Mel Brooks' "Blazing Saddles." It has everything: Racial, ethnic, and xenophobic oversimplifications, sexism, homophobic innuendo, even anti-Semitic stereotypes, thinly veiled as "humor."

Not that it isn't a funny movie, but by today's standards? Can you imagine the outcome if a conservative movie producer or director created such a thing as that movie? There would be rioting, looting, and arson in the streets, as if some police officers indiscriminately gunned down a bunch of 3 year old black kids.

Which brings up the question: How is it "they" can gt away with things like this, while "we" are constantly accused of what "they" do?

Blazing Saddles is absolutely FANTASTIC, and a true comedy classic.:)

Which brings up the question: How is it "they" can gt away with things like this, while "we" are constantly accused of what "they" do?

That it is. But viewed through today's rigid standards the left imposes on us, how is it that liberal Hollywood can get away with making a movie, and you or I would be crucified for making the same movie?

Last edited:
Talladega Nights is pretty out there, though not really racist.

I find that offensive in the manner that it depicts white, Christian, southern, suburbanites.

The ability to be offended is everywhere, if you look hard enough for it. I learned that much from being a former liberal.

Last edited:

Where all the white women at?

Which brings up the question: How is it "they" can get away with things like this, while "we" are constantly accused of what "they" are applauded for?

It would have to be "Snow White" and it's racist because it WASN'T "Snow Black" :smoke:

Who is the "they" you mean? Or the "we" for that matter?

I think anyone making Blazing Saddles today, regardless of their politics, would catch all kinds of flak for it.

Talladega Nights is pretty out there, though not really racist.

I find that offensive in the manner that it depicts white, Christian, southern, suburbanites.

The ability to be offended is everywhere, if you look hard enough for it. I learned that much from being a former liberal.

I don't find many things to be personally offensive to me, but
it's not that difficult to imagine myself in someone else's shoes. My 95 year old father-in -law lives with us, so I have to mute the TV all the time, like when those "funeral and burial costs' insurance commercials come on.

Gone With the Wind is a contender..for sure!

The movie depicted southerners as needy, dependent, unstable, and lacking a decent grasp on the English language.

LOL! I do know some like that..sucking that Disability check--with their bad backs and PTSD..at 27.

The movie also depicted blacks as being slaves happy to be toiling in the fields for their white masters..so there's that. Also women as useless objects of adoration--ornaments waiting for a man to tell them what to do.

Forum List

Back