• Other

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
There's lot so just write it in if it's not on the survey -

CBC, or a baseball game.
When I first got the thing I was running the comedy channels all the time, but then started hearing the same shows over and over. Plus there's a slew of really-badly-recorded comedy recordings, which as a sound engineer outrages me.

Once in a while I'll hit the '40s channel or Jazz. But never the US news channels. After hanging around here that's the last thing I want to hear.

I think the sound quality on any of the music channels is pretty shitty though, except for the 40s since they didn't have that much to start with.

octane
I am a metal head, but liquid metal channel sucks a big one.
Lithium is ok.

Right now I have the car radio set to 6,7,8,9, 10
then, 24 (I think that is Margaritaville) and through the end of the 20's
then, some of the 300's

I like the way it is set up on my lap top much better cause I can listen to a song while browsing around for others....
I'm definitely a "surfer" but find most of the songs I like on Lithium (so far)

Opie Radio. Formerly the Opie and Anthony channel.

Opie and Anthony got their start on a local radio station here in Massachusetts. I remember them. They then went and spread a rumor that Mayor Menino died, and got canned. Lol. Some of their stuff was pretty fun though.

That Time When Mayor Menino Died in a Car Crash | Boston Magazine

WAAF. I remember their "apology". It was so half-assed it was great.

I think they got in trouble for Whip em Out Wednesday before that too. :lol:

Opie Radio. Formerly the Opie and Anthony channel.

Opie and Anthony got their start on a local radio station here in Massachusetts. I remember them. They then went and spread a rumor that Mayor Menino died, and got canned. Lol. Some of their stuff was pretty fun though.

That Time When Mayor Menino Died in a Car Crash | Boston Magazine

WAAF. I remember their "apology". It was so half-assed it was great.

I think they got in trouble for Whip em Out Wednesday before that too. :lol:

No. They got in trouble when a bit led to a couple having sex in St. Patrick's Cathedral. Then they got into further trouble when a homeless man suggested on air that he wanted to rape Condaleeza Rice. One of their bits did lead to comedians Jim Norton and Lewis Black being arrested though. :lol:

There's lot so just write it in if it's not on the survey -
You pay to listen to the radio?

Nope. Listening is free -- you pay for access. But if you know a free way to access any baseball game regardless where you go, let me know.

You remember 'access' ---- what's necessary for you to post here?
Or use a phone?
Or watch CNN, Fox, HBO, all that?

I don't have satellite radio. I had it for like a year for free after I bought my car, but I didn't renew it because I couldn't see adding one more bill to my collection. Lol. I just listen to the regular free radio when I'm in my car.

I don't have satellite radio. I had it for like a year for free after I bought my car, but I didn't renew it because I couldn't see adding one more bill to my collection. Lol. I just listen to the regular free radio when I'm in my car.

A year?? They gave me five months. :crybaby:

I followed up on it because I'm a baseball fan and I know what it takes to get access through the MLB corporation or having a cable TV package (and I'd have to get the cable TV service first). SXM is way cheaper, plus it has no regional blackouts. Around here MLB won't even let me watch Cincinnati Reds games, even though if I were to go there to watch one I'd have drive across three states and leave the previous day.

I bought the car in July (a past year) and since it had a satellite radio I wrote to them asking if I could maybe get hooked up, hoping to catch some baseball.

No response. Nothing. Not even an acknowledgment that I got in touch.

Then in October --- after the baseball season's over, they send me a letter out of the blue going ""Hey! We notice you bought ___ car with XM radio, can we send you a free subscription sample?"

:banghead:

Yeah for the five months of the year that have no baseball in them, thanks a lot.

Forum List

Back