What's up with every movie worshipping Big Gov?

Take the pepsi challenge.

Go forth and check out a country with a small or no government.

Odds are you will be confused and high tail it home.

Every person who isn't from the Government is movies is evil and bad.

Citizens are always portrayed as helpless and confused without BIG BIG BIG Government.

Wtf?!?

Elysium and Torchwood (Miracle Day) have really done it to me.

Huh?

You are really trying to cite Torchwood : Miracle Day as an example of "Benevolent Government"?

Mind you, I've only seen six episodes, but the Government tries to frame and kill its own people, engages in a conspiracy with aliens and big corporations, and I'm sure there is going to be some kind of depressing reveal at the end that totally says "fuck you" to the viewers because hey, it's Torchwood, and Russell Davies likes to do that to his fans.

SCrew that what's up with all these shows about SOCIAOPATHICS WITH HEARTS OF GOLD?!

Think about it....how many protagonists of late are sociopaths but despite that are working on the side of the angels, or at least they are tolerated as funny..

Dexter obviously...but think about every completely self centered selfish character that we are taught to love over time..

Almost ever FATHER in ever comedy is an idiot a sociaopathic personality and somebody who in the clutch does the right thing?

And if its not that it's SOCIAOPATHIC BILLIONAIRES who are superheros?

We are being trained that selfish people are basically good or heroic people.

Think that's an accident? Is this some organic response to our times?

Whatever is causing it, its tres weird in my opinion.

SCrew that what's up with all these shows about SOCIAOPATHICS WITH HEARTS OF GOLD?!

Think about it....how many protagonists of late are sociopaths but despite that are working on the side of the angels, or at least they are tolerated as funny..

Dexter obviously...but think about every completely self centered selfish character that we are taught to love over time..

Almost ever FATHER in ever comedy is an idiot a sociaopathic personality and somebody who in the clutch does the right thing?

And if its not that it's SOCIAOPATHIC BILLIONAIRES who are superheros?

We are being trained that selfish people are basically good or heroic people.

Think that's an accident? Is this some organic response to our times?

Whatever is causing it, its tres weird in my opinion.

To be absolutely fair, the Sociopathic Billionaire Superheroes have been around for a while.

Batman has been around since 1938, the Green Arrow since 1941, and Iron Man since 1963.

Otherwise, I agree with your point.

Homer Simpson who provides for his family is portrayed as a dope, and Dexter, Walter White and Hannibal Lector are portrayed as "heroic"?

Forum List

Back