What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?

When I was a corrections officer.
Our high school friend who was a corrections officer just killed himself. It’s like being in prison everyday for 30 years.
No it's not, you get to go home and night.
But you got to go everyday. Plus those guys wanted to be cops. They are former jocks who in high school were the most popular guys. Now they work in a prison and see other people doing much better.

It’s like a strip club. They get to go home too but they take that shit home with them.
Total bullshit. They are people who needed jobs. And we didn't go everyday, we got 14 days off per month not counting vacations and voluntary overtime.

Our high school friend who was a corrections officer just killed himself. It’s like being in prison everyday for 30 years.
But you got to go everyday. Plus those guys wanted to be cops. They are former jocks who in high school were the most popular guys. Now they work in a prison and see other people doing much better.

It’s like a strip club. They get to go home too but they take that shit home with them.
Total bullshit. They are people who needed jobs. And we didn't go everyday, we got 14 days off per month not counting vacations and voluntary overtime.
Alright settle down. Lol. I love orange is the new black.

What was it like? Did you interact? Ever been violent? Or attacked? Spit on? Was it a max prison with murderers and rapists?

Alright settle down. Lol. I love orange is the new black.

What was it like? Did you interact? Ever been violent? Or attacked? Spit on? Was it a max prison with murderers and rapists?
Orange is the new black is a close representation on the prison I worked at although we had males. As far as con behavior.

Mine was at a place called Maryland Cork when I was 17. It was dirty and dangerous work that involved lifting and unloading bales of cork that weighed between 75 and 225lbs..
It was so bad, we’d often take bets on new hires returning after lunch. Most didn’t come back.
I stuck it out for 8 months.

You?

View attachment 208859

Working at a marina in Florida. It was hot and scraping barnacles off boat bottoms wasn't very challenging.

I had a job making roof trusses that was also hot and boring. A few got delivered with pop-tops and bottle caps that just happened to get pressed-in along with the nail strips. LOL... BUT -- one day, I went to office for something and the folks were all yelling at each other about calculations for the wood cuts and angles and loads. Being a sophomore in College, I brought in my HP calculator with all the equations and stuff and taught them how to "automate" the process. Got me out of "hard labor" for the rest of the summer.

Weekend janitor at a 24-hour fast food joint. Saturday and Sunday morning cleanup of the bathrooms was a real education. Men's room: No different from the rest of the week. Women's room: Mother of Satan. What drunk women do to public restrooms has to be seen to be believed. And you don't want those images in your head.

Couldn't complain though. I volunteered. I was making $2.35 an hour slinging burgers and frying chicken. The boss offered me $2.55 an hour to come in early Saturday and Sunday to clean up the parking lot, lobby and bathroom damage done the night before.

The drunk female brain is a twisted thing.
bet that was nasty. However, you should see the womens restroom in the prison visitation centers where we have their man locked up and they get have him home at night! The artful mastery of the tampon and feces filled diaper had came to a new level.

That’s sort of the way I felt about my government job that was not challenging. It taught me quickly what I don’t want- never to work for the govt. lol
Roofing. Working with hot tar on top of hot roofs was no fun. Also had a job unloading trucks - back breaking labor.
I saw that ‘back breaking’ labor as being useful exercise. It’s why I didn’t mind the heavy lifting.

Carrying 200lb+ was normal and expected.
That job taught me the importance of being strong and physically fit.
I'll credit it as making me take a look at my life and getting my shit together so I wouldn't have to keep doing that kind of work.

Forum List

Back