What's rep protocol?

I think it is a pyramid scheme where moderators get 10% of all reps. I could be wrong though.

Am I supposed to thank people? Is it rude not to?

It depends on the member, I figure if I make the effort to rep someone they should at least say thanks or FU... depending...:lol:

I just stop + reping members who lack courtesy...:dunno:

Some people get pissy about it either way. The only one I remember who has a stroke if you do thank her, is bones.

Some people have their notifications set so they get a PM when they get new rep. They can then respond to it.

I don't have my notifications set like that. I don't thank anyone for the rep I receive, as I am sure they already know that I am grateful for it. :)

Some people have their notifications set so they get a PM when they get new rep. They can then respond to it.

I don't have my notifications set like that. I don't thank anyone for the rep I receive, as I am sure they already know that I am grateful for it. :)

What I know is that not thanking people is bad manners.

That is your opinion, but I have stated here already that I am grateful for any rep I receive, and I believe the people who rep me know that.

now now....i just find it sillie to have to open a pm to see...'thanks'....as i have said in the past...if you have something to say...fine...but if its just a 'thanks' dont bother...i dont dave at all....

you know why jr league-rs dont have orgies?

too many thank you notes

o and quatam after your verbal attack on eaglewings....you surely were raised by wolves?

For me... i say thank you when someone does something for me no matter how small... Giving someone rep in my opinion is doing something....

It takes no more for me to thank someone then it did them to rep me.

Last edited:

That is your opinion, but I have stated here already that I am grateful for any rep I receive, and I believe the people who rep me know that.

Actually, it we were discussing opinion, I would say screw it. Manners are not a matter of opinion.

now now....i just find it sillie to have to open a pm to see...'thanks'....as i have said in the past...if you have something to say...fine...but if its just a 'thanks' dont bother...i dont dave at all....

you know why jr league-rs dont have orgies?

too many thank you notes

o and quatam after your verbal attack on eaglewings....you surely were raised by wolves?

I didn't attack anyone, I stated an opinion. Besides, manners are not opinions, they are part of the social contract, and show that you respect yourself.

What's rep protocol?

It is what your Congressman does right after he snaps on the latex glove.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back